Thread: ITS Ford Mustang(s) Build - Stripper Stang Part II

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Things have been busy at the Stangwerks but unfortunately it hasn’t been all fun and games. On the good news, I got a set of heads back from Hoffman machine and he has made some improvements in the flow numbers. Nice new heads, all cleaned up and re-machined for the correct 9.5:1 compression ratio, new valves, valve job, and ready to go on my new motor.

And here are some shots of the different head types that we have to use on the Mustangs. There are a few, and Len has another set of Mustang heads, different castings, that he’s going to flow and work up for us as well. Maybe we’ll be able to pick some winners from our collection. While some of the heads, for example the N39 and N42 castings, look identical and have similar combustion chamber shapes, the E series do not. However, even among ones that look the same, the N heads, there are definitely winners and losers.

I’m not sure why Ford changed castings so often, but if one thing is certain to anyone who is a Ford enthusiast, Ford is synonymous with Change. Len at Hoffman heads has been great to work with and I look forward to seeing what data he can provide to help with the development of the motor.

Last edited by Ron Earp; 01-28-2014 at 10:00 AM.