Thread: ITS Ford Mustang(s) Build - Stripper Stang Part II

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Thanks for the wishes guys. We've got just the green one going as the red one isn't going to be quite ready. We could get the red one done with a couple of late nights but we think it'd be a bad idea and we'd trade off some preparation in trying to get it ready. We'll have our hands full dealing with the green one, I'm sure.

Of course we're not posting up our first effort dyno sheets, but we will do so eventually. Suffice to say, it isn't an ITA car by any stretch of the imagination as some posed a few months ago, and as long as it'll handle it has power to be somewhat competitive in ITS now. And it'll get better with development.

Just like any car in IT you've got to make your selections on attributes you favor. I wanted a car with a broad power band and I think we got that covered, but I'm sure we'll give up some handling to the lighter weight ITS cars with more sophisticated suspensions. All in all I think the car will work out just fine and be fun to race. And, with the low-revving engine and typically heavily built driveline and suspension pieces, I hope it'll be durable and long lived. It might not ever be "the car to have" in ITS, but I think we'll show it to be a reasonable choice in ITS and with work and luck, maybe a good one in ITS. Hopefully, if ITS continues to be well-balanced there won't ever be a "car to have" in ITS, but if that were to happen my money would be on the new Miatas or a Pontiac Solstice.

But, with the Mustang I'm happy. I sure as hell like the "turn key and watch car start and idle" thing it has going. Doing the Carb Shuffle and Ether Spray dance with the old Z was getting tiresome, plus, I'll not miss the drum brakes. And, I don't feel the need to carry every spare part with me that I could possible use as every Advance/AutoZone/Pep Boys is a Mustang parts warehouse; new parts cheap.

All in all I'm very pleased and looking forward to doing some ITS racing.
    Last edited by Ron Earp; 05-09-2012 at 06:12 AM.