Thread: ITS Ford Mustang(s) Build - Stripper Stang Part II

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Race cars are highly personal for most of us. It'd be a bit hard to get a car, even if "perfect" to someone else, and not end up changing quite a bit of it. I know I've had my fair share of that scenario with my old Z. The Z was an old race car, and with many previous owners, so it came with a lot of issues that were solved in some rather unconventional ways.

In the end I think that we got most of the problems sorted out and it went on to become a reliable and fast race car. But it was never *my* car. I tried as best I could to make it so, but unless you're starting from scratch it is a difficult goal to obtain. And, as soon as you're finished building a car from scratch that is yours, it isn't too hard to have a look at it and find all sorts of ways to improve it for V2.0. Such is the nature of race cars.

But you can't tuna fish.
    Steve Linn | Fins Up Racing | #6 ITA Sentra SE-R | www.indyscca.org

Ron--Did you ever figure out what caused the main cap to crack?

Negative on the main cap. It could have been installation error. It could have had a small crack for quite a bit of time and finally revealed itself. The vibration harmonics could have had something to do with it, but I doubt it. We won't ever know, but at least the rebuilt motor is doing just fine and doesn't seem to have issues. Its making more power than mine and has already survived twice as long as the one with the main cap failure.