I started the ITS build in earnest this past weekend. Drove the car to work on Friday, drove it back home, parked it in the garage, and started the dis-assembly process. I must say it was a relaxing weekend of parts pulling, parts selling on Craigslist, sawsalls, grinders, and other assorted tools.

The car has a lot of weight in it, no doubt about that. I weighed most everything I took out and put it into my ITS Mustang spreadsheet. A few weights off the top of my head:

Driver seat 43 lbs
Passenger seat 38 lbs
Passenger air bag 14 lbs
Rear seat back 28 lbs
Rear seat Cushion 5 lbs
Mach 460 under deck speakers/amps 29 lbs
AC compressor 13 lbs
AC evaporator 4 lbs
etc.

I've got the total weight removed at home but that figure doesn't really matter a lot. I'll weigh the car on Wednesday and see what our starting place is for the cage, seat, and other needed items.

The build on the rear axle has started too. Jeff Y was in charge of taking it apart and made some progress there. Parts are on the way to be installed - LSD to go with my brand new off Ebay $45 Ford 3.45 R&P.

You absolutely cannot the beat parts cost on a Mustang. No way, no how. There are simply so many of these cars out there that new factory parts are very inexpensive and the aftermarket support is probably not duplicated on any other car in the US, maybe in the world. If you want it, can think it up, it has probably been made already.