Thread: ITS Ford Mustang(s) Build - Stripper Stang Part II

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Congrats on the great results first time out Ron. It's always nice to see hard work pay off like that. Watching the video it's interesting to see where you were strong vs. the two Mazdas. You definitely have a lot of midrange. Also the car sounds great on the in-car. It's weird watching your tach though :-). How many IT cars are up-shifitng at 5300 rpm, and NOT going for a lower gear at 2700 rpms?
    Chris Carey

Central Florida Region
    ITS/Vintage Datsun 240Z

Favorite tool to remove undercoating---- A curb!

"Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car and oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car.
    Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall, torque is how far you take the wall with you."

TR8....325e.....

Great vid. Again, these cars fun and do handle great if you keep the tires under them. I think I turned my fast lap in the CCPS 11 or 12 laps in, a 52.2 or something....

More later.
    NC Region
    1980 ITS Triumph TR8

Quote Originally Posted by JeffYoung View Post
    TR8....325e.....

Great vid. Again, these cars fun and do handle great if you keep the tires under them. I think I turned my fast lap in the CCPS 11 or 12 laps in, a 52.2 or something....

More later.

My bad. I forgot about your TR. Also didn't realize the 325 didn't rev more. Anyways it's pretty impressive for you guys to be running towards the pointy end of the field so early in the Mustangs development.
    Chris Carey

Central Florida Region
    ITS/Vintage Datsun 240Z

Favorite tool to remove undercoating---- A curb!

"Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car and oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car.
    Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall, torque is how far you take the wall with you."

Great stuff!!!
    Chris Rallo "the kid"
    -- "wrenching and racing" -- "will race for food!" -- "Onward and Upward"

Ron, Jeff and Jeff, just wanted to say that you guys have done an awesome job on these 2 cars. I am glad I made the trip down Saturday, it has given me some much needed motivation to get my car ready for CMS and get my shoulder closer to 90%. Let's just say these cars are making me raise my car and driver development. By the end of the year, not counting the few strong 3 series that usually only play at RA, there will be at least 5 or 6 cars at SARRC's that could easily win.
    1987 ITS RX-7
    2014 Ford Focus ST
    Currently borrowing tow vehicles!!

Central Carolina Region

STEELERS SIX PACK!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ron View Post
    Unlike the Miata that had several tank slappers and great saves.
    That is just Chuck's style. He almost crashes about 10 times every corner.

Ron, Thanks for the inspiration! My Z has an engine and trans for the first time in 2 years. Hope to fire it tomorrow and get the last bit of "alignment" done. Alignment is in quotes because it will take a large chain and a truck to perform said alignment!

See you at CMS!
    Mike

Finally had a few minutes to upload a file or two. This is the start of the Saturday CMP race. Lots of familiar ITR, ITS, and IT7 cars in that mix.