Work has been progressing on my new engine and now that the heads are here we'll quickly progress on that front.

This engine is the same as Jeff's new motor and has the same improvements over his original motor. My original motor is still going strong, knock on wood, but it has always been my intention to have a spare motor at all times so once this one is finish it'll replace the unit in the car and the old one will be rebuilt to the new specs.

Progress has occurred on other fronts as well, Jeff finished up the bench top Ford EEC-V programmer and it has been successfully used at the track a couple of times. This allows us to program an ECU without the car being present, which is useful for setting up multiple ECUs to be swapped in in dire situations.

But the big news is that Jeff's new motor, with less than ten hours of racing on the clock, decided to shit the bed. Yep, it's done and we're now in the middle of a rebuild on it.

Jeff's car did fine at CMP, raced all the entered races and seemed to be doing what it was supposed to do. Loaded on the trailer, loaded off the trailer, nary a sign of trouble. We parked the car at my house while we finished up the cam swap on the Torino, which by the way took way longer than expected. Anyhow, ten days later we go to put Jeff's stang on the scales and there is a puddle of oil under it just where the bellhousing and engine block are mated together. No big deal we figure, we'll put it up in the air, drop the tranny, and fix that rear main seal.

Nope. When we got the tranny out and drove a new rear seal in we noticed this:

And then a few hours and beers of work later we saw this:

Bummer. So we had to have a beer of sorrow. Then a smoke of sorrow. Then another beer of sorrow. After that we said enough and got our asses to work and tore the motor down completely.