Thread: ITS Ford Mustang(s) Build - Stripper Stang Part II

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Yes, the S racing is kicking it now. Hate I am missing it, but I can't make the remainder of the races with the car (CMP, RA, RRR, CMS) so there is no point in rushing it.

I might dyno it today at lunch of I can do a hit and run on the dyno shop. Be interesting to see what it comes up with. It has a lot of torque stock, but not so much horsepower. While driving it around I've learned that it will begrudgingly turn to 5200 RPM. I estimate that on the Dynojet it'll put down 130 hp and 185 ft lbs over a fairly broad range, peaking hp at 4500.
    Last edited by Ron Earp; 05-11-2011 at 10:42 AM.

Good to see! I hope you go through with it! They won't be able to group you with ITR though, it might spoil the look of the group...
    Chris Rallo "the kid"
    -- "wrenching and racing" -- "will race for food!" -- "Onward and Upward"

Quote Originally Posted by CRallo View Post
    Good to see! I hope you go through with it! They won't be able to group you with ITR though, it might spoil the look of the group...
    Yeah, if we do it then there might actually be a domestic car in IT. Whooo hooo! There are a few domestics but wow, walking around the VIR paddock this weekend you could just about rename the SCCA the Mazda Club of America.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Earp View Post
    Yeah, if we do it then there might actually be a domestic car in IT. .

hey, hey, HEY!!! I am totally offended. I may now have to go cut my mullet!!

I will be watching the build very carefully because I would love to run a Mustang in ITS or ITR.
    Jeff L

ITA Miata

2010 NARRC Champion

2007 NERRC Championship, 2nd place
    2008 NARRC Championship, 2nd place
    2009 NARRC Championship, 2nd place

Quote Originally Posted by JLawton View Post
    hey, hey, HEY!!! I am totally offended. I may now have to go cut my mullet!!

Whoa whoa whoa, hold up. Flashback 90s. If you are wearing a mullet and driving a Saturn there is a problem already. You guys are supposed to be wearing a plaid flannel with a fanny pack and touting a new way of car companies, no negotiation, feel good marketing, and some such stuff. You don't do that in the paddock now?
    Last edited by Ron Earp; 05-12-2011 at 11:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Earp View Post
    . You guys are supposed to be wearing a plaid flannel with a fanny pack and touting a new way of car companies, no negotiation, feel good marketing, and some such stuff. You don't do that in the paddock now?

I don't see the problem???

Jeff L

ITA Miata

2010 NARRC Champion

2007 NERRC Championship, 2nd place
    2008 NARRC Championship, 2nd place
    2009 NARRC Championship, 2nd place

Quote Originally Posted by JLawton View Post
    I don't see the problem???
    Probably not one. After shopping 30+ Mustangs on the interwebz and talking to at least twenty owners about theirs cars for sale I can tell you base V6 Mustangs are owned by a unique subset of the population.