Quote Originally Posted by ddewhurst View Post
I will be 70 in a few months, I also was at Blackhawk Farms this past Friday for 4 thirty minute sessions. I hadn't raced in the last 5 years. Brand new tub up build jelly bean. Handled really well which didn't hide the fact that my mind & body were not up to the challenge. At best I did 15 minute of each 30 minute session & then sat in the car in the padock thinking to myself, do I want to go through the retraining of myself so that I can race again. It was not fun. I packed up & went home.

End of it all
I feel your pain Dave. I feel this way the first session of a weekend. Can I really do this? Why don't I understand what the car is doing? Is this fun? Eventually it wears off and I realize this is fun even if I'm not perfect. Sounds like you weren't able to make it over the hump to the fun stuff?

What's the problem, are you irritated you aren't as good as you used to be / want to be or can you just not find the basic joy in the driving?

I can't tell you what to do, but I think you owe to yourself to make sure the fun really isn't there. If it's not, then walk away. But don't give up too soon.

Yes, I spent too much time last weekend with my new-age touchy-feely aging-hippy brother-in-law.