Thread: 34ft rv towing a 20ft enclosed.......trailer tongue height issues?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default 34ft rv towing a 20ft enclosed.......trailer tongue height issues?

I have a 2005 Endura gulfstream that is 34ft and I have a 20 ft enclosed. I have issues when pulling into gas stations and othe places that have a dip or incline. The trailer jack has bashed into the ground.....this is going to damage the trailer, it has already bent the crank up trailer jack. Does anyone have an irdea? the trailer is at the proper height on level ground and tongue weight is not an issue.....it is the problem of the lenghth of the rv behind the rear wheels.

Greg

The one solution that I have seen is a bigass single wheel under the tongue. Airplane style ,pivot tail wheel. Many motor homes scuff the butt end a lot.
    Mike Ogren , FWDracingguide.com, 352.4288.983 ,http://www.ogren-engineering.com/

Build an elevated tongue on the trailer.

Josh Sirota
    ITR '99 BMW Z3 Coupe

I have the same issue with my extended rear overhand class-C pulling a 20' enclosed. The ULTIMATE (aka. expensive) solution is to use a 'Trailer Toad' (http://www.trailertoad.com/). However I've found if I go up one additional link on my load leveling bars it definitely helps but does not keep it from happening 100% of the time.

Also, due to the extended rear overhang, make sure the rear frame extensions are re-enforced to support the trailer tongue weight. I've seen more than one extended rear class-c break at that point due to a heavy trailer. I re-enforced mine by welding in a 3' section of steel c-channel at the extension joint on both sides.

HTH,
    Dan
    Dan
    2010, 2011, 2012 & 2013 Great Lakes Division ITB Champion

Any room to run a larger tire on the trailer? You be able to raise the front and keep it level...
    Chris Rallo "the kid"
    -- "wrenching and racing" -- "will race for food!" -- "Onward and Upward"

Tongue jacks come in different travels. I found one that allowed me to get the pad above the bottom of my MH hitch so no issues even though I have about 15' overhang on my MH. Chuck
    Chuck Baader
    White EP BMW M-Techniq
    I may grow older, but I refuse to grow up!