Thread: factory Viscous LSD going bad?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default factory Viscous LSD going bad?

So after trying a multitude of things to stop our vibration, it is still hanging around. We have replaced both axles, hub bearings, played with ride height and even checked to make sure the frame and strut towers were good and square. The vibration isn't as bad as it was at its worst, but it is still there. The Nissan mechanic across town said to take a look at the lsd. I guess it makes sense considering we've replaced everything else drivetrain-related.

The question I pose to you guys is this: have you ever heard of a factory viscous unit causing a vibration only when you turn one way? Ours happens when we turn right and only when we turn right. Not sure really what else to do. We've got some diff-quieting stuff to put in the transmission for this weekend, but I don't understand enough about the viscous unit to really know if it will make a difference. After I get done with classes tomorrow its down to the shop to drain the fluid and try out some redline heavy shockproof gear oil. Past that, I suppose we start pulling the transmission...

Thanks guys
    Last edited by Brettt; 04-27-2011 at 11:05 AM.
    Brett Westcott
    #58 ITA Sentra SE-R