Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: NHMS Triple, Memorial Day Weekend 2011

Quote Originally Posted by dickita15 View Post
    you do know you suck right?
    Remember, Billiel's my race car partner. I get reminded regularly...

Hey Greg...Desperately seeking flaggers??? We buy lunch, dinner and beer!
    Jerry
    NER South

I think I know why Matt had a "sudden" opening on his Friday schedule which I gladly booked... Well, have fun drinking.
    Demetrius Mossaidis aka 'Mickey' #12 ITA NESCCA
    '92 Honda Civic Si
    STFU and "Then write a letter. www.crbscca.com"
    2013 ITA NARRC Champion and I have not raced since.

Looking for a garage spot. Please PM me if you have one. Thanks
    Anthony
    STU Porsche 944T
    ITB Volvo 142 (in the making)

PM sent
    Demetrius Mossaidis aka 'Mickey' #12 ITA NESCCA
    '92 Honda Civic Si
    STFU and "Then write a letter. www.crbscca.com"
    2013 ITA NARRC Champion and I have not raced since.

We have a garage spot. If anyone is interested we are in North garage 17 & 18!
    Denise VanBuren

If I wanted to come and see what IT is all about, is there any way to attend as a spectator?

Show up and pay an spectator entrance fee or get with someone and be added on
    as crew.
    Dan Deyo
    92 Acura Integra
    ITA #94

Quote Originally Posted by Kahl23 View Post
    If I wanted to come and see what IT is all about, is there any way to attend as a spectator?
    I am not racing this weekend but I will be there july 9th and 10th. PM me and I will gladly put you on crew so you can get in for free! To be honest I am surprised no 1 offered that here for this weekend. Like I said just let me know if you wanna go in july!

Stephen

Updates?
    Jeff L

ITA Miata

2010 NARRC Champion

2007 NERRC Championship, 2nd place
    2008 NARRC Championship, 2nd place
    2009 NARRC Championship, 2nd place

A brief update on ITA. Tim showed up wit a splitter on his car that he had not tested. The car was terrible loose in qualifing and he was way off on qualifiing time.

Alley qualified on pole with Geoff outside first row,

Tim took the spliter off and changed his rear tires and was ready to have at it when the green flag dropped for the race.
    Race stared with Geoff getting under Jim in turn three and the chase was on. Tim quickly worked his way through the field and after chasing jim for a few laps got by and started working on Geoff with Jim in close pursuit waiting for Geoff and Tim to work each other until someone made a mistake. Tim did get by Geoff and it looked like it was going to be an interesting race for the top three, until it started to rain. Lap times fell off almost instantly and the order stayed in place for the last half of the race,

Tim
    Geoff
    Jim
    Jim Alley
    1990 ITA Miata

Its all about doing your personal Best

Quick S/R/B report:

The Autotechnic guys dominated R and S. Saturday morning qual times were fast, with lots of 14s and a nice 1:13.9 by Rob Thiele for the overall and R pole. Rob would go on to take R in all three races, including an overall win Sunday afternoon.

Meanwhile in ITS, Rob Driscoll and Jeff Henderson ran 1-2 in all three races, with Rob D taking a pair of overall wins as well.

After the Sunday afternoon race, top finishers had their ride heights checked. When I left Impound, it looked as if Rob D's car had been deemed a bit too low, but I say that hesitantly - everybody was set to get out of Dodge; I haven't seen final-final sheets; and I don't know if Rob planned to protest the decision.

Sunday's races, in particular, were fun because the track got so greasy that much of R and S raced in one giant pack the whole time. So we had the Autotechnic guys; Russ Jones' 944; Glenn Lawton's RX-7; me in the S2000; and Chris Outzen's new BMW Z3 all thrashing away on a slick track. IT racing at its best, if you ask me.

In B, it was Nat Wentworth over Tim Dugan in the first two races, not sure about the third race.

The Saturday afternoon race saw a huge crash in Turn 12. Blake spun his RX-7, and Tim Mullen collected him head-on. Everybody was OK, but the cars were bent badly and the race was shortened for cleanup.

Steve Ulfelder
    Author of Purgatory Chasm and The Whole Lie
    www.ulfelder.com

Very close racing in ITR and ITS. For ITS we had Mazda, BMW and Porsche in the top all weekend, on Sunday we all ran within couple tenths-that's what I love about IT, three different makes all running bumper to bumper. Great weekend, lots of action. I hope Glen Lawton will post his video of Sunday morning race - it was getting intense.

indeed...some great great racing!! (don't tell Billiel, he thinks ITS is dead)

I will try to trim up the videos from all three races in the morning (including
    the incar from Bob Blake's race) before I leave for a short business trip.

Thanks Steve, Rob, Jeff, Russ, Rob, Bob, Ann for some close fun times!
    Last edited by lawtonglenn; 05-30-2011 at 04:35 PM.

Glenn Lawton
    GSMmotorsports
    #14 ITS RX7
    NARRC ITS Champion 2012
    NERRC ITS Champion 2013 12 11 10 09 08
    NERRC STU Champion 2010

I can't post a link to my in-car video of the last race because I am new to this forum. But if you goto "youtube" and search for 3dpA3BWKgiE you can see it. It was a lot of fun running with you guys.

Chris Outzen
    #93 ITR Z3 Coupe

holy $$1TT Chris THANKS!!!!!

look at the train through 11 at 3:40 could've thrown a blanket
    over the five of us! .... inches noses to tails!

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3dpA3BWKgiE[/ame]
    Last edited by lawtonglenn; 05-30-2011 at 06:57 PM.

Glenn Lawton
    GSMmotorsports
    #14 ITS RX7
    NARRC ITS Champion 2012
    NERRC ITS Champion 2013 12 11 10 09 08
    NERRC STU Champion 2010

Splitting the ITB cars at 10:52 was very cool too.

Quote Originally Posted by lawtonglenn View Post
    indeed...some great great racing!! (don't tell Billiel, he thinks ITS is dead)
    Sounds like a good time! Congrats on the close racing and Glenn yes you are taking that comment too far.
    Jeremy Billiel

Sundays ITA races were a split with two different winners.

In the morning race it started as a close race but eventually Geoff B. put a safe distance between himself with a hard fought battle in ITA betweem Tim K. and Jim A. followed very closely by an SSB Soltice. Jim persued Tim almost bumper to bumper and managed to race Tim side to side, but TIms experience and driving skills prevailed.

Geoff
    Tim
    Jim

The afternoon race was once again a very good race with Tim and Geoff fighting it out throughout the entire race. Old age, lack of proper conditioning, and lack of consentration saw Jim fall back fairly early, where the best he could do was to keep the top two in sight and settle for his third podium finsh of the weekend.

Tim
    Geoff
    Jim

All in all this was the best racing weekend of my short racing experience. As I told Tim after one of the weekend races it wasn't to long ago that these two were lapping me in a race. Yes progress has been made:026:
    Jim Alley
    1990 ITA Miata

Its all about doing your personal Best

Guys, thanks for some great racing this weekend! @Chris, welcome to ITR and thanks for the highly professional looking video. Love the track and data overlays - and of course the most fun is watching the close racing

Here's my onboard, I was lucky to shoot a pretty boring video in the second half after I passed Rob D then Jeff H :-).[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hGpdk82RjxM"] http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hGpdk82RjxM[/ame]

CU in NJ!
    Rob Thiele - BMW 328is ITR
    www.motorsportcollection.com