Thread: VIR May 7/8

Default VIR May 7/8

I'm from the North East and will be just a couple of hours away from VIR for the May 7th and 8th. I'll only be able to make it one day and wondering which of the two days have a better turn out?

I have never been to VIR and also would like to know where to see the best racing from? I usually go to the Glen or Lime Rock and do wander around the infield during the races for different views and where different classes run differently so any suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks - Terry

Feature race is sunday but saturday has races also, just shorter. The best place to watch is from the deck above the snack bar. You can see T1,2,3 and four. T1 is always good action for the starts.

The top of the grandstand at Turn 4 is even better. You can see part of turn 1 through the trees (now that the track has thinned them out and before the leaves come in), through turn 3, 4 5, 6, 7, then the uphill Esses (except the part the bridge blocks), through to turn 10, then you can see small different colors cars coming out of turn 11 as they head down the back stretch.

Social (plenty of food and drinks) is Saturday night, if you can stay for that, you could meet a number of the regulars on the IT.Com forum.
    Todd Cohen

For this weekend, no, no distinction between races. It is a double sprint race weekend with the MARRS (DC area) guys coming down to race against the SARRC (Southeast) guys. Big turnout usually.

Best places to watch:

1. Turn on snack bar roof.
    2. Bleachers at turn 4.
    3. Bleachers on the chute between 5 and the esses.
    4. Bleachers off of the North Course at the end of the back straight.
    5. Bleachers over behind the false grid.

If your first time there, watch at 1 or 2.

Quote Originally Posted by machsnell View Post
    Feature race is sunday but saturday has races also, just shorter. The best place to watch is from the deck above the snack bar. You can see T1,2,3 and four. T1 is always good action for the starts.
    NC Region
    1980 ITS Triumph TR8

Quote Originally Posted by JeffYoung View Post
    For this weekend, no, no distinction between races. It is a double sprint race weekend with the MARRS (DC area) guys coming down to race against the SARRC (Southeast) guys. Big turnout usually.

Best places to watch:

1. Turn on snack bar roof.
    2. Bleachers at turn 4.
    3. Bleachers on the chute between 5 and the esses.
    4. Bleachers off of the North Course at the end of the back straight.
    5. Bleachers over behind the false grid.

If your first time there, watch at 1 or 2.
    This! My personal fave is the Bleacher's at 4... simply because you can see 1-10. The false grid is nice too.

Also, as for turn out... Saturday races usually have a few more car's, but that's probably normal for all race's.
    hoop
    Greensboro, NC
    STL Newbie

Default Thanks

Just what I was looking for. I think Saturday will work. I'll probably try a few of the view points during the races to break up the day.

Thanks again for the info, looking forward to get back to a track if even only as a spectator.

Terry