Thread: WTB 86 Civic 1500 Carb Throttle Cable

Default WTB 86 Civic 1500 Carb Throttle Cable

Looking for an 86 Civic 1500 Carb Throttle Cable. Mine is down to about 3 strands. That seems like a bad thing.
    Jim Hardesty
    ITC 1986 Honda Civic Diablo Rojo Verde
    Never argue your tab at the end of the night. Remember, you're hammered and they’re sober.

Yes, that's a bad thing, and will lead to you watching a race from a corner station - as me how I know. Doesn't Honda sell them anymore? There's a small chance I might have one laying around somewhere. I'll try to remember to look for it.
    Kevin
    2010 FP Runoffs & Super Sweep Champion
    2010 ITB ARRC Champion
    2008 & 2009 ITA ARRC Champion
    '90 FP Acura Integra RS
    '92 ITA Acura Integra RS
    '92 ITB Honda Civic DX

There is a notation in the Honda parts book that says "Look on the shelf right next to the front hubs".

That would be cool if you could find one. Hey wait a minute, I bet steamcorners has one he isn't using...
    Jim Hardesty
    Never argue your tab at the end of the night. Remember, you're hammered and they’re sober.

Quote Originally Posted by jumbojimbo View Post
    There is a notation in the Honda parts book that says "Look on the shelf right next to the front hubs".

That would be cool if you could find one. Hey wait a minute, I bet steamcorners has one he isn't using...
    Crap I haven't even been over here on IT.com for a while..I venture back briefly and I'm getting called out!

Jim, actually I might have a spare with the spares I got from Tom Lamb. If I can find it, I'll be in Cincy for the first week of May--I could certainly drop it over your way. Email me at steamcorners at gmail dot com to remind me to look for it!
    steamcorners.com

Cheap import parts!

Isn't there one attached to the car that you aren't using? I'll have it back (or wear it out) before you need it.
    Jim Hardesty

Quote Originally Posted by jumbojimbo View Post
    Isn't there one attached to the car that you aren't using? I'll have it back (or wear it out) before you need it.
    Well, the problem is the car is actually BEING used right now--as a shelf. I have a bunch of shit to move to get to the car, and a bunch of shit on top of the car, too...the spares are relatively easy to get to...

If I can't find it, Kevin, let me know if you find a spare, since I could still run it to Jim next week...
    steamcorners.com

Cheap import parts!

I had my hopes up for a moment. I got the ladder out and looked in the last box of spares on the top shelf. But it turned out to be a clutch cable. Doh.
    Jim Hardesty

Take some photos of the ends of the cable and the housing; there may be something that can be substituted, either from another Honduh or whatever...

You ever find one of these?
    Kevin
    2010 ITB ARRC Champion
    '90 FP Acura Integra RS
    '92 ITA Acura Integra RS
    '92 ITB Honda Civic DX

Quote Originally Posted by R2 Racing View Post
    You ever find one of these?
    Nope, still looking. And I haven't had a chance to pull the old one off yet, so I don't know what other options might work.
    Jim Hardesty

I did manage to find one in my pile of ITC Civic stuff, but it's used. I'm pretty sure I bought it brand new when I was experimenting with OEM carbs back in 2001 or so, and it even looks like it was only used a couple of times. If you're ever thinking about converting to a Weber, keep that old throttle cable, as you'll have to cut the end off of it anyways in order to attach the Weber linkage attachy thingy to the cable.
    Kevin
    2010 ITB ARRC Champion
    '90 FP Acura Integra RS
    '92 ITA Acura Integra RS
    '92 ITB Honda Civic DX

My cable is not so good:

Jim Hardesty

Quote Originally Posted by R2 Racing View Post
    I did manage to find one in my pile of ITC Civic stuff, but it's used. I'm pretty sure I bought it brand new when I was experimenting with OEM carbs back in 2001 or so, and it even looks like it was only used a couple of times. If you're ever thinking about converting to a Weber, keep that old throttle cable, as you'll have to cut the end off of it anyways in order to attach the Weber linkage attachy thingy to the cable.
    It can't look as bad as mine. I sent you an email. You can email me at jimhardesty at ameritech.net.

Jim
    Jim Hardesty

Haha - I can't believe you're actually racing with that. I responded to your email an hour or two ago - sorry, I was out of town all weekend.
    Kevin
    2010 ITB ARRC Champion
    '90 FP Acura Integra RS
    '92 ITA Acura Integra RS
    '92 ITB Honda Civic DX

Just saw this post. I may still have one or two stock carb'd throttle cables laying around in my basement from my ITC days if you are still looking. I'll check tonight.
    2002 Cen-Div ITC Champ
    (Converted to G-Prod in 2003)
    (Bumped to H-Prod in 2008)
    2008, 2011 HP Cen-Div Champ
    2011 HP National Champ

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Gauper View Post
    Just saw this post. I may still have one or two stock carb'd throttle cables laying around in my basement from my ITC days if you are still looking. I'll check tonight.
    Thanks, I did get one from Kevin, it's installed and ready to go for WOR Games.
    Jim Hardesty

Jim--Never pass on a spare!

I'll 2nd that!

Yeah, on second thought, it would be a good idea to have one in the spares box. hopefully it will go unused like all the other spares. I sent him an email.

It seems like we could build a couple of cars just on the leftover spares people have in their basements. My wife would never let me keep that much old stuff.
    Jim Hardesty