Thread: Grattan Double National

Default Grattan Double National

Memorial Weekend https://www.motorsportreg.com/index....1BB16854191C6D

Last year the IT guys made a strong showing at this event in STU. Anybody planning to go this year?
    Marty Doane
    ITS RX-7 #13 (sold)
    2016 Winnebago Journey (home)

This event was a must do and we went every year (when it was a Double Regoinal). I'm bummed it turned into a National weekend. The Doubel Regional was always a great time and seemed to be well subscribed. The Holiday weekend made the trip easy (7 hours) - having Monday off meant only One vacation day to make the weekend happen. I really miss racing at Grattan. Maybe someday this will turn back into a Double Regional wekeend....
    Matt Downing
    1995 Honda Civic EX Coupe - ITA
    Ohio Valley Region, SCCA

http://www.wmr-scca.org/j10clubracing.htm

Double Reg. sec. for July. Not a holiday weekend but still a double and a co-hosted event with MCSCC.
    1988 ITA Scriocco 16V #80
    MCSCC member since 1988

Quote Originally Posted by jimbbski View Post
    http://www.wmr-scca.org/j10clubracing.htm

Double Reg. sec. for July. Not a holiday weekend but still a double and a co-hosted event with MCSCC.
    Yea... Weekend before IT-Fest isn't going to happen. The May weekend made it easy to schedule and it just 'fit'. It is my loss - I really like that track! AWESOME volunteers from registration to workers. Everyone was always VERY nice to deal with up there! I've been making the May race for several years and recently, there were 3 of us that made the trip from Columbus, Ohio. Would have been a 4th (maybe 5) lsat year and this year. Maybe someday it will be a Double Regional again (in May).
    Matt Downing
    Ohio Valley Region, SCCA

Matt, I totally agree with your comments. I was so bummed when the schedule came out. I'll have to lobby harder next year for something that makes sense for IT. Would Labor Day weekend be attractive to you, or does it need to be Memorial weekend?
    Marty Doane
    ITS RX-7 #13 (sold)
    2016 Winnebago Journey (home)

For some reason, the May weekend really worked for me. Kids/work/life didn't get in the way. I know the weather was always hit or miss - Tons of rain or 130 deg. in the shade! Didn't matter - that track int he rain is a BLAST!

Schedules change and regions do what they need to to survuve. I understand the change and hope the weekend is a complete success! It really is my loss that I don't get a chance to run there anymore. Maybe someday my schedule will 'change' and I'll make that July weekend.
    Matt Downing
    Ohio Valley Region, SCCA