Thread: Hankook tire pressures?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Per Joe of TreadZone, make sure to follow the arrows. As I remember the explanation, the plies have a tapered overlap that is designed to be run in only one direction. If you want to run them on the other side of the car to even out wear you'll need to have them dismounted and flipped.
    ~Matt Rowe
    ITA Dodge Neon
    NEDiv

Alright, thank you.

I've rotated by criss crossing my tires with no ill effects...so far.

I have found two things. two much pressure will wear the tires very quickly We tried up to 44 and not only were they greasy they wore very quickly. My car is heavy (2750#) and like 38psi. The wear there is just fine.

I have also been able to cross rotate my tires. Once they have a couple good heat cycles in them the wrap shouldn't matter. I was always nervous to do this but had an engineer from Bridgestone tell me it is fine once heat cycled in. He told me all tires are wrap in a direction and that is where the direction arrows come from. He did go on to say if there was too much grip via aero or even mechanical it could change his statement. I don't think most of our cars will fall into that category...