Thread: Hankook tire pressures?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I already have your "Book" and don't believe I want the rear end that loose considering the fact that I don't have trouble getting the rear to step out with just tire pressures. Your setup is quite radical and has the rear end way loose. Right now I'll stick with what I have and work on getting experience. I'm pretty pleased with my time considering the track record was set by Chris Albin who runs an A3 and Hoosiers.
    Ralf
    ITB Golf GT

I can respect that. If you have a comfortable setting, why change it?
    Track time and experience, is the first step to speed. Trying to continally go faster, is why we do this.
    My setups would be be radical , IMHO, if it was untried. The speed increase is the result of working towards allowing the rear tires to do more, reducing the front tire loading.
    Physics cannot be cheated. If the rear tire has more dynamic loading, than by deduction, the front tire has less. If the front tire has less, it can go faster, before becoming overloaded.
    Does the DRS have negatives? Yes, it can be less precise than a hard rear end.
    The same goes with running more rear tire pressure, along with less spring rate. It rolls cleaner, therefore it must be faster.
    The zero scrub? Same thing, it rolls easier. Will you need to refigure and experiment with springs and tire pressures to get it all working. Yes.
    Goodluck, MM
    Mike Ogren , FWDracingguide.com, 352.4288.983 ,http://www.ogren-engineering.com/

I used to run Hankook tires at 32lbs in the front and 36lbs in the rear. After that it was all about the Dampening. Getting enough bite into the corners. Check sidewall wear after each race for tire contact coverage.
    Toodles, Stacey_B
    MY 'NEW' 1990 RACE CAR 2009 ITB CalClub Championship - Solo2 (FSP) www.scpoc.com : www.probetalk.com Racing is my life.
    Winner One Lap of America 2003- SSGT2 class 1996 Ford Probe GT.
    Sponsors: Porterfield Racing brakes - LTB Motorsports - Tires Warehouse - Hankook tires - Auto-Meter

With the Hankooks did you always run then with the direction arrow or did you swap them side to side?

Per Joe of TreadZone, make sure to follow the arrows. As I remember the explanation, the plies have a tapered overlap that is designed to be run in only one direction. If you want to run them on the other side of the car to even out wear you'll need to have them dismounted and flipped.
    ~Matt Rowe
    ITA Dodge Neon
    NEDiv

Alright, thank you.

I've rotated by criss crossing my tires with no ill effects...so far.