Thread: Interested in volunteering but how?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

But whose the specific person? Just have them reach out the the RE of a region? I actually don't know.
    Dave Gran
    Real Roads, Real Car Guys – Real World Road Tests
    Go Ahead - Take the Wheel's Free Guide to Racing

Quote Originally Posted by gran racing View Post
    But whose the specific person? Just have them reach out the the RE of a region? I actually don't know.
    Your problem is that it won't be the same position from region to region. In one region it will be the F&C chief. In another it will be the registrar or maybe one of the stewards or even someone in fire and rescue.

In most regions there is going to be one (or a few) gung-ho people but there's just no way to know who it is.

Your other problem is that if a potential volunteer contacts one of the non-gung-ho people they are going to get shrugs.

I'm thinking the best bet is point them to the RE. Chances are the RE will know who the gung-ho person is if it isn't them.
    Jim Hardesty
    ITC 1986 Honda Civic Diablo Rojo Verde
    Never argue your tab at the end of the night. Remember, you're hammered and they’re sober.

Oh man. This isn't as straight forward as I thought it was going to be / should be.
    Dave Gran
    Real Roads, Real Car Guys – Real World Road Tests
    Go Ahead - Take the Wheel's Free Guide to Racing

Quote Originally Posted by gran racing View Post
    Oh man. This isn't as straight forward as I thought it was going to be / should be.
    Hummm. Since there won't be a way to convince the regions to make a consistent change, how about recommending the prospective volunteer to contact all of the following people - best via email at the same time:

RE
    F&C
    Fire & Rescue
    Others who may be organizing workers

It is a small complication for the volunteer, either a few Cc addresses in the email, or two extra phone calls - not really an obstacle. Add the remark: "If one shruggs you off or is not helpful, ignore that and ask the next person. Regions ALWAYS need volunteers, guaranteed."
    Astrophysathingy / goaheadtakethewheel.com
    99 Civic SI #9 WDCR ITS/STL
    93 Corolla / 97 PDX Miata