Thread: How many STL cars for 2011?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Cool.

I'm doing a full build STL Miata in the south east. Should be out mid to late summer, but will run our ITA Miata, SM, or ITA Civic as STL until the new real car is done.

^Nice!

I picked up a SM. Wasn't what I was planning on doing. I had 3 or 4 civics with swaps that I was looking to buy but nothing was just right. Not to mention most had JDM engines and bigger OEM brakes.

So I will be running SM and STL this year. If I can get the car done I will be at this months NHMS race.

May turn this into a full STL car for next year.

Haven't seen a single STL entry yet in SWDiv. My car's 2.4L and we usualyl have 5-6-7 STU entries at each national. maybe I should tell the SM double-dippers to run in STL so I can finish better in STU and they can have their own second SM race..

Im not sure how many are running in my area. (Central Florida)

Ive been finishing an STL civic with a b18b but was dissapointed to again see brake allowances unchanged in June. Im not removing my o.e. larger front brakes so I guess I will just run HPDEs until it changes.

Unless case by case basis will allow 11 inch ITR calipers on Prelude rotors.
    CFR STL #59 Civic

www.circuit-racer.com

Looking at the GCR, I saw this in the Super Touring section (9.1.4):

"B. Eligibility
    Vehicles meeting one of the following criteria may compete in the Super Touring category:
    • 1985 and newer cars built specifically under these ST rules
    • GCR listed IT cars, 1985 and newer, under their current IT
    specifications shall compete in STU.
    Note: While IT cars may not be competitive in the ST category, their inclusion in the category will allow regional competitors to participate in national events.

• Spec Miata cars completely conforming to Spec Miata class specifications are eligible for STL.
    • ...and some other stuff"

(Emphasis in red by me)

So is this really saying that all IT cars (including my ITA CRX) have to run in STU for double-dipping purposes? This can't be right.

Oops. It does say "shall", not "may", implying that anything listed in the ITCS cannot compete in STL. Looks like this should have been updated when STL was added.
    Josh Sirota
    ITR '99 BMW Z3 Coupe

Quote Originally Posted by coreyehcx View Post
    Im not sure how many are running in my area. (Central Florida)

Ive been finishing an STL civic with a b18b but was dissapointed to again see brake allowances unchanged in June. Im not removing my o.e. larger front brakes so I guess I will just run HPDEs until it changes.

Unless case by case basis will allow 11 inch ITR calipers on Prelude rotors.
    I'm running in CFR. I have run the two CFR races this year since the start of the class and Feb had 6 cars pre-registered and 3 showed, may had just me. so far the June race has 2 registered.

James
    James Coyne
    CFR
    1987 VW Golf 16V STL
    coyneracing.com