Thread: How many STL cars for 2011?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by JoshS View Post
    Oops. It does say "shall", not "may", implying that anything listed in the ITCS cannot compete in STL. Looks like this should have been updated when STL was added.

Could this not be fixed under an errors & omissions in a Fastrack?

As tGA says, the intent was to let those guys run in STL so they'd be more competitive vs. the 400hp beasts we're seeing show up in STU.
    Houston Region
    STU Nissan 240SX
    EProd RX7

I'll take care of it.

I can see your collective point from a rules nerd standpoint: it says if you're a legal IT car you "shall" go to STU. However, if you're a legal ITx car (below 2.0L) then with the exception of the fire system (as Chip pointed out) you're a legal STL car (correct? I can't think of anything else non-compliant). So, who's to say you're following ITx rules when you enter STL? It's not like someone can FORCE you into STU if you meet all STL rules. Maybe you made a change between sessions that's not compliant with ITx but is OK in STL...? Or you just claim that you did...?

So we can address this one of two ways: we remove the requirement for a fire system in STL (which I already have in process) or we specifically note in the rules that 2.0L-and-smaller ITx cars are explicitly legal in STL. I personally don't have a problem with non-fire system cars entering STL and I hope you don't either; I'll work to get this resolved by next STAC meeting and published next Fastrack. - GA

I think the easier approach is to say all 1985 and newer ITCS compliant cars of 2.0L or under may run in STL. maybe even any legal ITC,B, or A car, or ITS or R car under 2.0L can run. this accomplishes the required goals, allows even more cars of the right general speed, and keeps the GCR rules as is.

personally, I like fire systems though I understand the evolution from SS to IT keeping the requirement out of that class. I don't think the same should be true for STL or STU, barring the alowances for IT/SM/etc... cars to run in the category.