Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: MARRS I - April 16-17

We (NCR/CCR) always run ITR with ITS and I've only seen it be an issue one time, at Roebling Road May 2010. ITR BMW driver held up four ITS cars that couldn't pass and make it stick in a straight line but could pass (dangerously I might add) in T3, T4, T5. The driver of the ITR car should have let the ITS boys through because he was so far back in the ITR race it didn't matter.

All the other ITR/ITS mixings in the past couple of years have been fine.

Ron, I hope you had a good talk with that ITR driver afterwards. I have the same problems with AS & some other fast cars in big bore they have caused me thousands of dollars of damage.

Thanks Dave

This is what I remember about Summit - super helpful and welcoming group who run some great races!

Anybody who hasn't been to this track is missing the real deal both on and off the track :-)
    BenSpeed
    #33 ITR Porsche 968
    BigSpeed Racing
    2013 ITR Pro IT Champion
    2014 NE Division ITR Champion

Thanks Parker for giving the Rt 7 details. I don't take that route often enough to know the light count. Either way, its one of the better routes for you and that rig. I think if you can, over behind the B corral in the woods is not that bad of a place to be....you power does have to run across the road, but the area is fairly level and gravel is everywhere.

But like I said, I perfer back there, quieter and less traffic....that is when I am not down by worker camping.
    --
    James Brostek
    MARRS #28 ITB Golf
    PMF Motorsports
    Racing and OEM parts from Bildon Motorsport, Hoosier Tires from Radial Tires

Quote Originally Posted by benspeed View Post
    Thanks Dave

This is what I remember about Summit - super helpful and welcoming group who run some great races!

Anybody who hasn't been to this track is missing the real deal both on and off the track :-)
    And dont forget to check out Summit's new go kart track on Saturday evening
    www.summitpointkart.com

So I received some feedback on the request to move ITR into group 4 with ITS. Both Marshall the ITR driver rep and Pam the Big Bore driver rep gave good reasons why Summit likes to run ITR in Big Bore and they've got my support.

Group 6 and watch the mirrors for the GT1 and SPO cars and give room in the braking zones. The BB guys have also been asked to show courtesy to the cars that make their time in the corners.

Seems like Summit has pretty good communications between the different classes using the driver reps.

Can't wait for the weekend and our first race
    BenSpeed
    #33 ITR Porsche 968
    BigSpeed Racing
    2013 ITR Pro IT Champion

I know it sounds retarded, but... if I suddenly felt I wanted more racing, an SSC car should be legal in STL, right?
    Astrophysathingy / goaheadtakethewheel.com
    99 Civic SI #9 WDCR ITS/STL
    93 Corolla / 97 PDX Miata

Quote Originally Posted by Kai Noeske View Post
    I know it sounds retarded, but... if I suddenly felt I wanted more racing, an SSC car should be legal in STL, right?
    If it's classed somewhere in IT it would. But if it isn't, it would have to have full ST rules (fire system, drain plug safety wire etc).

Strange rules, but they are what they are...
    Enjoy,
    Bill

Quote Originally Posted by EV View Post
    If it's classed somewhere in IT it would. But if it isn't, it would have to have full ST rules (fire system, drain plug safety wire etc).

Strange rules, but they are what they are...
    It is classed ITS, so that would qualify, thanks !

So I received some feedback on the request to move ITR into group 4 with ITS. Both Marshall the ITR driver rep and Pam the Big Bore driver rep gave good reasons why Summit likes to run ITR in Big Bore and they've got my support.

Group 6 and watch the mirrors for the GT1 and SPO cars and give room in the braking zones. The BB guys have also been asked to show courtesy to the cars that make their time in the corners.

Seems like Summit has pretty good communications between the different classes using the driver reps.
    Actions speaks louder than words....I guess we'll see.

It is classed ITS, so that would qualify, thanks !
    9.1.4 B says "GCR listed IT cars, 1985 and newer, under their current IT
    specifications shall compete in STU.
    Note: While IT cars may not be competitive in the ST category,
    their inclusion in the category will allow regional competitors to
    participate in national events."

Welcome to STU, maybe even STL, but i'm not sure about STL rules...
    Enjoy,
    Bill

Pretty sure you'll be in STU - ITA cars run STL...
    BenSpeed
    #33 ITR Porsche 968
    BigSpeed Racing
    2013 ITR Pro IT Champion

Pretty sure you'll be in STU - ITA cars run STL...
    I thought STL's major eligibility criterium was: engine <= 2.0L, while STU was <= 3.0L capacity...? Have to admit that I have not looked much into the STL rules, though. Will have a look at the GCR.

Edit: Really not clear to me after reading ST regs again - it says that all 85 and newer IT classed cars "shall" run STU.

However, my 1.6L Honda definitely fulfills all STL criteria by a mile - I mean, it is stock. On the other hand, the 2011 GCR does not list *any* STL eligible cars (except Spec Miata per 9.1.4) - does that mean that, in fact, currently *NO* cars are eligible for STL, or *ALL* cars that fit the STL rules??? Or is it that because STL is regional only, the regions have to decide which cars to allow?

GCR is really meagerly worded on that topic.
    Last edited by Kai Noeske; 04-13-2011 at 03:11 PM.

Kai,
    Any car under 2.0 liters that fits the STL ruleset runs STL.
    Any car under 3.0 liters that fits the STU ruleset runs STU.

Any IT ruleset cars (specifically, those that are running IT rules, *not* ST rules) newer than 1985 run STU

You can't mix and match the rules, and say that my IT prepped car is less than 2.0 liters therefore runs STL instead of STU.

I think that is right, and should make sense when read that way.
    (If not, I'm sure one of the ST guru's (tGA, Childs, etc) will correct me.

edit: So... for you, doesthe SSC Civic fit in the ST rules, as you are racing it? If not, you have to run in STU, claiming the IT ruleset. If you aren't IT legal, and plan to run to the ST rules, you must be legal for the ST class you re running.

Marcus
    Last edited by Marcus Miller; 04-13-2011 at 03:26 PM.
    Marcus
    miller-motorsports.com - Its always an Adventure (and woefully outdated)
    1.6 ITE/SPU/ST2 Turbo Miata (in pieces... err progress)

Thanks Bill, Ben, Marcus!

The car being SSC, it *seems* to be a special case allowed to double-dip in both ITS and STL.

The one thing that may prevent STL is the B16A2's valve lift - will ask tGA about this.

Thanks for your help!

Kai

Ugh...!!! Registered for my 2nd class (STL) and got slapped with $50 late reg. fee... FALE on entrant's behalf to read supps carefully ... !!!

Ugh...!!! Registered for my 2nd class (STL) and got slapped with $50 late reg. fee... FALE on entrant's behalf to read supps carefully ... !!!
    I think you'll probably be ok - per the supps "At-Track subsequent entries for a second class will be eligible for a rebate (see “Multi-Entry Rebate” below) and will have the $50 late registration fee refunded." I can't imagine they won't also waive the late fee if you registered online...but then, this is the DC Region...
    Earl R.
    240SX
    ITA/ST5

Kai
    When you go to registration on Friday night try to get this resolved. If you can not get a resolution ask to speak with Beth Mills (chief registrar). If it is still not resolved with Beth come and find me on Saturday morning. I will be in the King Rat paddock directly across from the gas pumps.

Please be polite and non-confrontational (i know that you will but I have to say it anyway).

cheers
    dave parker
    "Ignore All Confrontations With Common Sense."

Quote Originally Posted by dave parker View Post
    Kai
    When you go to registration on Friday night try to get this resolved. If you can not get a resolution ask to speak with Beth Mills (chief registrar). If it is still not resolved with Beth come and find me on Saturday morning. I will be in the King Rat paddock directly across from the gas pumps.

Please be polite and non-confrontational (i know that you will but I have to say it anyway).

cheers
    dave parker
    Thanks a lot Dave. Will do. I actually feel a bit bad about causing the registrar or her helpers extra trouble - I mean, it's a ton of work to process 200+ drivers + 130+ workers as it is...

Quote Originally Posted by dj10 View Post
    Actions speaks louder than words....I guess we'll see.
    C'mon Dan - you gotta show up! Sounds like your going to skip!
    BenSpeed
    #33 ITR Porsche 968
    BigSpeed Racing
    2013 ITR Pro IT Champion