Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: MARRS I - April 16-17

Default MARRS I - April 16-17

I'm registered and noticed that ITR is running in Big Bore. Does anybody know who to contact to see if ITR can be moved in with ITS?

Thanks
    BenSpeed
    #33 ITR Porsche 968
    BigSpeed Racing
    2013 ITR Pro IT Champion
    2014 NE Division ITR Champion

You'll mess up the ITS race!

And that kinda info is usually in the supps... IIRC, the Registrar and Cheif Steward are I've usually spoken to regarding such issues.
    Chris Rallo "the kid"
    -- "wrenching and racing" -- "will race for food!" -- "Onward and Upward"

Quote Originally Posted by benspeed View Post
    I'm registered and noticed that ITR is running in Big Bore. Does anybody know who to contact to see if ITR can be moved in with ITS?

Thanks
    Ben,
    I'm with you on this, it sucks and they don't care what we think! As for screwing up the ITS race, the only time I see ITS cars down there is when I'm lapping them. They really need to get us out of big bore.

Thanks
    Ben, this has been an issue for the past couple of seasons. ITR ran with ITA for a season or two, but (due largely to the actions of one driver IIRC) it was decided that the class needed to go somewhere else. Due to the small number of entrants (I think we were getting 3-4 cars per race at that time) the group didn't have a lot of pull with the CRC, and I think Big Bore eventually drew the short straw. Considering we now have T3 cars running with ITA, I see no reason why ITR couldn't run there also - but then, my opinion doesn't matter.
    Earl R.
    240SX
    ITA/ST5

Chris - you got me "doh"! I've got the sups and will find out who to bribe...
    BenSpeed
    #33 ITR Porsche 968
    BigSpeed Racing
    2013 ITR Pro IT Champion

like how "polite" my answer was?

I always wondered why ITR was not put with A... Especially now that its not just ex ITS cars.
    Chris Rallo "the kid"
    -- "wrenching and racing" -- "will race for food!" -- "Onward and Upward"

I sent a request to Kathy McCleod, Chief Steward. No offers of bribery yet - what should we offer if denied??? :-)

Earl - what does she like to drink??? Chris said he'd do some kind of chippendale dance for her....
    BenSpeed
    #33 ITR Porsche 968
    BigSpeed Racing
    2013 ITR Pro IT Champion

Here's another question - any problems taking my RV/trailer which is about 55 feet long into the track with these directions? For some reason I remember on the back roads a rail road crossing that would high side my RV on the crown. Been about 4 years since I've raced Summit so the memory is foggy...

0.3 mi

2. Turn right at Split Rock Rd

0.8 mi

3. Continue onto Rockaway Valley Rd

0.7 mi

4. Turn left at Valley Rd

0.7 mi

5. Continue onto County 618/Powerville Rd

0.6 mi

6. Turn left at N Main St

1.5 mi

7. Turn right to merge onto I-287 S

23.5 mi

8. Take exit 21B to merge onto I-78 W toward Easton Pa Partial toll road
    Entering Pennsylvania

108 mi

9. Merge onto I-81 S Passing through Maryland
    Entering West Virginia

121 mi

10. Take exit 5 for W Virginia 51 toward Inwood

0.2 mi

11. Turn left at W Virginia 51 E

0.6 mi

12. Turn right at Winchester Ave

0.2 mi

13. Turn left at W Virginia 51 E

4.7 mi

14. Turn right at Co Route 1

0.4 mi

15. Continue onto Queen St

0.2 mi

16. Continue onto Co Route 1/Leetown Rd Continue to follow Co Route 1

4.7 mi

17. Continue onto Leetown Rd/Pub Rd 19/530 Summit Point Continue to follow Leetown Rd

1.4 mi

18. Turn left at Co Route 1/14/Pack Horse
    BenSpeed
    #33 ITR Porsche 968
    BigSpeed Racing
    2013 ITR Pro IT Champion

ITR was with ITA, the differntial in lap time was astounding and 3/4 of the ITA field was being lapped or their races broken up by the 3-5 ITR cars in the class. After this ran for 2 seasons and the ITR car average was that low, a massive shuffle happen putting ITS with ITB/C and SSB/C, while ITA got SRX7 and the T3 class (which the frontrunners of ITA never seem to loose visual on.) ITR ended up with big bore, in the end, ITR was the only group that was very unhappy with the change, the other groups where OK, and workers where thrilled on the fewer groups and earlier end of the day.
    --
    James Brostek
    MARRS #28 ITB Golf
    PMF Motorsports
    Racing and OEM parts from Bildon Motorsport, Hoosier Tires from Radial Tires

LOL - OK, sounds like I might be SOL...doesn't look like a heavily subscribed big bore group anyway. How many cars does BB turn out?

Also, looking at the paddock map - will a 55 foot rig fit in the ITR/ITS paddock area? Or, where is the best place to paddock?

Thanks again
    BenSpeed
    #33 ITR Porsche 968
    BigSpeed Racing
    2013 ITR Pro IT Champion

Ben - yeah, its ulikely and I dont know what came out of this years CRC discussion if there was any discussion. But I do know this was as of last year after reshuffling the groups to offer more time, but reduce from 10 to 8 run groups. In all drivers got more time on track, workers are happier because the days are not running so late as they did with 10 groups. As a person who worked and race, I was pleased with being done earlier in the day, as a driver the format had me concerned, but seems to be working out well.

Contact the ITR/ITS rep or big bore and see what they can say as far as if you must be on the paved area of the paddock. If you don't mind the back woods, it can take the trailer and power is there. The earlier you get there the easier it is to stay away from the low points. Lots of power back there.
    --
    James Brostek
    MARRS #28 ITB Golf
    PMF Motorsports

LOL - OK, sounds like I might be SOL...doesn't look like a heavily subscribed big bore group anyway. How many cars does BB turn out?

Also, looking at the paddock map - will a 55 foot rig fit in the ITR/ITS paddock area? Or, where is the best place to paddock?

Thanks again
    Ben - you should be fine in the ITR/S paddock, assuming it is the same as indicated on the paddock map on the DC Region's website (dated 2009...). As to the directions, I can't help there, as I come in from the south.

As to the groupings - as you can see, everyone is going to have their own opinion. I'll just toss this out there - the current ITR track record at Summit is 1:23.04, the ITA record is 1:24.48. I personally think ITR would be fine with ITA, or small bore...but again I don't make the rules. One thing I do feel pretty certain about - with the current groupings they aren't going to be attracting a lot of ITR drivers.
    Earl R.
    240SX
    ITA/ST5

Planning to go, hoping to get the car ready in time...!!!

Definitely SSC, pondering double dipping in ITS - where can I find the supps to see what the rungroups are made up of?

Edit: found it - http://www.wdcr-scca.org/ClubRacing/...x?EventID=4578

SSC runs with ITS - so no double dipping, I will just be the rolling chicane for everyone...!

OOOohhh, there is even another SSC car, same model and color as mine !!!
    Last edited by Kai Noeske; 03-31-2011 at 03:06 PM.
    Astrophysathingy / goaheadtakethewheel.com
    99 Civic SI #9 WDCR ITS/STL
    93 Corolla / 97 PDX Miata

Quote Originally Posted by erlrich View Post
    thing I do feel pretty certain about - with the current groupings they aren't going to be attracting a lot of ITR drivers.

+1 I most likely will not make the trip with that run group. (Not ready for this season anyway, but I wouldn't in the future) I like how NER does it with ITR being in with ITS. Eventhough they are in a different classes it is fun to RACE and some of the ITS cars are quick enough to stay up with most of the ITR cars around here.

Stephen

ITS will run with ITB, ITC, SSB & SSC in the MARRS series. The ITS front runners are good clean lappers, and if they're alone they'll even hold up a bit if you're in a close battle with another ITB guy.
    Last edited by ajmr2; 03-30-2011 at 08:37 PM.
    Art Jaso
    Former 1989 Toyota MR2 #55 ITB
    DC Region SCCA
    DC Region Board of Directors
    Coordinator of Racers Helping Racers Fund
    http://www.racershelpingracers.com/
    PDX/TT Committee Member
    PDX Co-Chief of Grid
    PDX Chief Technical Inspector
    SCCA Pit Marshall
    SCCA Pace Car
    SCCA F & C
    Producer of "Racing Summit Point" Video
    http://vimeo.com/67177646

Thanks for the tips for paddocking. Got the site map and sure don't want to be in the woods. Likely will be pulling in after 10 pm Friday night.

Kathy sent me a reply on the groupings and said she needs to look into the request which was very nice.

Looking forward to running with all the SP regulars. Been awhile but the track is one of my favorites.

Thanks for the help
    BenSpeed
    #33 ITR Porsche 968
    BigSpeed Racing
    2013 ITR Pro IT Champion

Ben, as an RV driver/owner I recommend this route to the track. Take I81 past inwood and get off at Rt7 Eastbound. Take a left at Crums Church, there will be a nice 7-11 on your right (newly built), take that to the end, and make a right, that road turns into hardesty road. There are a couple of 25mph sharp corners but even that long of a rig you can clear it even with oncomming traffic. Take Hardesty to the end and make a right, just over the hump/hill are the entrances, you want the main entrance which is your second right.

Alternative would be 95S-695W-70W-340S, through harpers ferry and Charlestown, and make the left onto Race Track Road and take that 7 miles to the main gate on your left.
    --
    James Brostek
    MARRS #28 ITB Golf
    PMF Motorsports

Thanks James - most appreciated and putting those notes in the travel file.

Best,

Ben
    BenSpeed
    #33 ITR Porsche 968
    BigSpeed Racing
    2013 ITR Pro IT Champion

No problem ben, believe me with my DP, I wouldn't use any other way. Even without the highsiding route, the others have some nasty tips and I don't have a LOT of clearance between the ground and my transmission.
    --
    James Brostek
    MARRS #28 ITB Golf
    PMF Motorsports

Ben
    I would agree with James that a better way to come would be to continue on I-81 south to Virginia exit 317 (Route 7 east).
    Follow Route 7 east to the fifth traffic light. Turn left onto Crums Church Rd. Follow Crums Church Rd. to the stop sign and turn left on Old Charles Town Rd. Follow to the stop sign and turn right onto Summit Point Rd. Go up the hill and use the second entrance on the right. It has a large sign that says "Summit Point Raceway".

Now for the important part. Paddock spaces in the ITR corral are 40 feet by 20 feet. So you may have some struggles with a 55 foot long rig in that corral. The other struggle that you may have is that in arriving around 10 pm on Friday most of your fellow ITR corral members (and the surrounding corrals) will be fully embedded and maneuvering room will be limited at best.
    This is not to say that it cannot be done, but you will have some struggle.

I would suggest that you contact Pam Richardson (the big bore group rep) and see if she can help with this. You can get her at pfr at erols dot com.

I can tell you that Kathy Mcleod rarely drinks.

If I can help please feel free to contact me.

cheers
    dave parker
    "Ignore All Confrontations With Common Sense."