Thread: ITE rule set?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default ITE rule set?

Hello,
    My car is a well prepared '00 Mustang. It was last raced in '06 under the ITE classification.

Is there an ITE rule set anywhere? Or does anything still go in ITE? Ive read the GCR through but ITE isnt mentioned anywhere that Ive seen.

I appreciate the help/info.

Thanks,
    Anthony

#26 ITE

That depends on where you are, what region do you race with? ITE rules are not set by the national club, each region can create their own if they wish to have such a class. Check your region's website (or let us know where you are, someone here will know the answer no matter where you are).
    Josh Sirota
    ITR '99 BMW Z3 Coupe

MiDiv

Im trying to get the car together to make the double school at MAM in mid april.

I just want to show up with a legal car since Ill have to have the cars annual tech inspection done at the track.

Google is your friend. Answer found here in Appendix B:

Mid-Am Rules for Improved Touring - Endurance (ITE)

Concept: To permit cars prepared for professional or semi-pro showroom stock-based series, or cars not eligible for any current SCCA Improved Touring class, to compete at Midwest Division events in their own class.

A. Cars eligible for the ITE class are cars which have been prepared for any past or current professional or semi-pro showroom stock-based racing series or cars not eligible for any current SCCA Improved Touring class which are prepared to the current Improved Touring rules.

B. Cars must meet minimum safety requirements as defined in the GCR and ITCS for Improved Touring cars. This includes all items in GCR Section 9 which are applicable to IT cars, ITCS Section 9.a, and all items in ITCS Section 10.

C. Cars must run tires and fuel as defined in the ITCS.

D. The driver of the car must, upon demand, be able to produce the appropriate series rules containing the specifications under which the car fits. A car may be prepared to one set of rules only; no mixing of different series rules, or different years of the same series, is allowed.
    Josh Sirota
    ITR '99 BMW Z3 Coupe

[QUOTE=JoshS;319818]D. The driver of the car must, upon demand, be able to produce the appropriate series rules containing the specifications under which the car fits. A car may be prepared to one set of rules only; no mixing of different series rules, or different years of the same series, is allowed. QUOTE]

I've never seen this rule being enforced, at least here in the Northeast. I would be surprised if any region actually did. Typically to run in ITE a car has to meet all of the IT safety rules and run on DOT tires. Beyond that it is pretty much open.
    Anthony
    STU Porsche 944T
    ITB Volvo 142 (in the making)

Do not worry about a classification for school. If it is a safe car, it will be legal for the school.

A lot of schools now simply divide groups by open wheel/ closed wheel.

Quote Originally Posted by ITEGT View Post
    It was last raced in '06 under the ITE classification.
    Im working on getting the logbook from the previous owner.