Thread: ITE rule set?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Thank you Jarrod!!

It was a weekend I'll never forget. I learned a lot and had a great time. The school was very well put together and well run, even with the bad weather on Friday. I dont think conditions could've been much worse.

I got my first taste of drivers school on a track I'd never driven, along with my first day of driving on a race track in the rain, all in a car Id never driven on a race track before. Did I mention on about two hours of sleep?

So if thats not asking for things to go wrong I dont know what is.

Made it through the weekend, didnt bend the car, had the priveledge to meet some great people and see some people I hadnt seen since '06.

It doesnt get much better than that!

Anthony
    SCCA ITE #26

...and BTW, you don't make a bad pit neighbor, either!

Enjoyed the conversations, hope to see you at the track again.
    Gary Learned
    MiDiv
    Volvo 142E
    http://www.youtube.com/user/denrael

Congrats Anthony. And all because of the advice you received on this site!!
    Jeff L

ITA Miata

2010 NARRC Champion

2007 NERRC Championship, 2nd place
    2008 NARRC Championship, 2nd place
    2009 NARRC Championship, 2nd place

Quote Originally Posted by Gary L View Post
    ...and BTW, you don't make a bad pit neighbor, either!

Enjoyed the conversations, hope to see you at the track again.
    Gary,
    It was good to meet/visit with you too. You had on a good looking hat.

Quote Originally Posted by JLawton View Post
    Congrats Anthony. And all because of the advice you received on this site!!
    Yeah, I think so. A little peer pressure never hurt. There were a few posts that really encouraged me.

Congrats! Yeah, it's hard work, but the hardest part to getting your license is over. The rest of it is easy now. Just go out and play in traffic!

3 races in the books, regional liscence eligible. Hope to make 2 more races this season so I can go right to a national liscence.

One of my old V710s finally gave up in race 3 this past weekend. I gave them hell in the first race sunday morning.

I learned a lot this past weekend during my first race weekend. Not just about what the car does on track at the limit but how I need to be more focused in the pits between races. I made some mistakes but have learned from them.

Great seeing some folks again, doubt Ill be at MAM next month. Hoping to be at Hallett in July.

Anthony
    ITE #28

I didnt like not having a rule set to show to tech at HPT. Such is life in ITE but it would've been much easier to show the chief of tech that my minimum weight on a 4.6l mustang is 2380lbs per STO rules. (GCR pg 463)

The only item that Im not legal for in STO is a fuel cell which isnt required in ITE. Even my oil pan drain plug is safety wired, so I have read the rules and I am otherwise to my knowledge legal for STO. I may be splitting hairs here but not having a rule set is kind of a pain in the ass when it comes time to say yes thats legal and then being asked "per what?"

Can I use the STO rule set when Im questioned as to what rule set I used when building my ITE car?

Thank you,
    Anthony