Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Del-Sol-si Set up

according to thehondapartsstore.com and Acuraoemparts.com:

L = 51215-SR3-000/-N10 (ABS)
    R = 51210-SR3-000/-N10 (ABS)

same as an EG civic and DC teg. this probably doesn't match what (if anything) is cast into the piece, so no idea what the 2 different numbers you list are. something about that seems strange to me so I would do some more research (find someone with a stock del Sol Vtec and find out)

Yea i have the same numbers,,93-95 civic 2 dr, My GSR has the sr-r-14n knuckles .. the del sol came with a set of those . And yes ill have to look at a street car .. and i have that set with the S0-r-14n casting numbers , They came with the car as spares when i bought it.looking at all angles
    thanks for the reply
    PASSINU
    OR, SCCA,ICSCC,CACC,ASN

just thinking out loud, but swaping to a stickier tire (hoosier over R888). you may be masking the problem. I fyou can setup the car's balance on R888's and maximize both front and rear. Then swaping out to a stickeir tire and maximizing that tire will be easier. As a cars "setup" will remain roughly constant. however you may need over all up spring/shock rates due to the increase in traction loading.

In short if you are understeering with tire A. Putting sticky tire B the car will still understeer (as you haven't changed the car's setup). You should be faster as the car will have more grip.

This argument is in broad statements. Obviously there are small chnages in setup by swaping tires. differences in tires desired slip angles, sidewall, and the amount of camber and caster they like. Are all variables that may or may not help you from tire to the other.
    Track Speed Motorsports
    http://www.trackspeedmotorsports.com/

Steven Ulbrik (engineer/crew/driver)
    [email protected]

Default DelSol handling woes.

We used to race a 1991 Civic Standard in ITC, We only ran Hoosier tires no fr sway bar and an Si rear bar. 600#fr and 850#rr spring rates. We also were using PRO shocks inverted with coilovers. The car also had a KAAZ LSD.
    The car was very driveable and very fast with this setup and I believe no one has beaten out lap race record at Mid Ohio yet in ITC.
    Todd Robbins. [email protected]

Update;
    Thanks for all your input
    Changes made
    Went back to a basic Honda set up
    800F
    600R
    Front and Rear bar in
    1/16 toe out-F
    0 toe in R
    Scaled at 50% cross weights
    1400lbs on the front
    800lbs on the rear
    race weight 2430
    Changed front Knuckles from Civic R to Delsol OEM[ackermen is different]
    LSD installed and 4.7 Final drive
    New shaved 888s 225s
    Practice revealed I had to much oversrear
    Removed rear bar and the car was to tite
    Set rear bar at its shortest setting and Bingo
    Had a great race with a 4 car breakaway and had many position swaps at track record times , I could put the car anywhere i wanted it ,What a fun car to drive . Finished 3rd O/A [ Had it in the bag but got penilized for short cutting the Chicane]
    Wont do that again LOL
    Thanks again for all the input
    PASSINU
    OR, SCCA,ICSCC,CACC,ASN

So the big changes I see are the LSD and the front knuckles are different. rest of the setup looks similar/same as the initial?
    Just trying to figure out what you did that solved the problem. I'm going to put money on chunking the welded diff.

Welded diffs on a FWD only work on the drag strip from what I've experienced.

Gald you're happy with the new setup though!
    Houston Region
    STU Nissan 240SX
    EProd RX7