Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Buck Muse

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Gray View Post
    Who is going to The Buck Muse @ CMP???
    I'll be there.
    Only one car this time
    Just can't seem to get my mill for the Miata
    Last edited by Hotshoe; 03-06-2011 at 02:07 PM.

It's a sign...it means "SM is evil...run IT......"......lol......
    NC Region
    1980 ITS Triumph TR8

We have 10 signed up with 2 weeks to go...
    Looks like ITS will be a good field!

Still not sure whether I will be debuting the new car (1989 325IS in BMW Motorsports Colors) or the "old reliable and very tired" Black 1987 325IS. There have been soooooooooo many challenges building the new car!Blown head gaskets on the new head...found when installing the windage tray, Strut bar that didnt fit, Subframe bolts that stripped when tightened, etc...etc...

BUT I WILL BE THERE!!!
    "BACK IN BLACK"
    1987 BMW325is
    #66 ITS
    Atlanta Region SCCA

Looking forward to it. Hope to see everyone there.....

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Gray View Post
    We have 10 signed up with 2 weeks to go...
    Looks like ITS will be a good field!

Still not sure whether I will be debuting the new car (1989 325IS in BMW Motorsports Colors) or the "old reliable and very tired" Black 1987 325IS. There have been soooooooooo many challenges building the new car!Blown head gaskets on the new head...found when installing the windage tray, Strut bar that didnt fit, Subframe bolts that stripped when tightened, etc...etc...

BUT I WILL BE THERE!!!
    NC Region
    1980 ITS Triumph TR8

Any ITS guys looking for a hand on Saturday? I have not been tro any races down here since moving to SC and I will not be bring my 'S' car out until later this year. Too many house projects to finish first.

I live in Fort Mill, so its only about a 45minute drive. Let me know.

Thanks!
    1987 ITS RX-7
    2014 Ford Focus ST
    Currently borrowing tow vehicles!!

Central Carolina Region

STEELERS SIX PACK!!

Where are all of the ITB guys. This ain't looking good for my return to IT racing when hardly anybody shows up. The debut of the Pinto scare y'all that bad.

Russ
    Russ

Sure, we'd love some help (TR8 and 260z). Come on down. Let me know your full name and I'll put you on the crew list.

Russ, big ITB field at VIR this weekend (8 cars I think? A trio of golfs, a Civic, a CRX, a 200sx, a couple of rabbits). Not sure why so small at CMP.
    NC Region
    1980 ITS Triumph TR8

Well it looks like I may have resolved my mysterious lifter noise problem. Assuming I can get gaskets and a little time I will be there to represent Germany (car) and the UK (me) in ITS for Saturday only. I've signed up, so let's see where things go from there...
    timo

Still only 2 ITB cars???

Russ
    Russ

Two weekends in a row with the ITB Protege, VIR & the Road Atlanta ECR. Hafta pass on CMP this time around, but we'll play later this year, Russ.

Steve

Cool Tim. Look forward to seeing you there.

Good ITS field. 10 cars. An E30, a couple of Z cars, some RX7s, the TR8 and a 944. Pretty good mix.

If that Eckerich character and the guy with the Type ARRRRGH Jr. would get their shit together we'd have a great field...lol....
    NC Region
    1980 ITS Triumph TR8

And as quick as I'm in - I'm out.

Got a bent valve
    timo

Heard from Mr. Young on the CMP ITS race.

Chuck Hines
    Jeff Young
    Steve Parrish
    Ron Munnerlyn

Rain race and Mr. Hines was reported to be unbeatable under braking, which he usually is anyway, but in the rain even more so. Ron M was running a Spec 30 in ITS as his normal ride wasn't ready. Qualifying was in the dry and Mr. Parrish had that by a pretty good margin, 1.5 seconds or more, with a 1:48:xx. Sounded like a lot of fun, congrats to Chuck on the win and to the rest for keeping the shiny sides up. Looking like a rain race tomorrow too.

I blew a freeze plug out of my motor and toasted it. Retired back to the house for family points. Frustrating.
    Last edited by Ron Earp; 03-26-2011 at 06:50 PM.

Was the new exhaust going well while it ran???

sorry- and that sucks. Sorry about the motor.
    Last edited by Marcus Miller; 03-26-2011 at 11:07 PM.
    Marcus
    miller-motorsports.com - Its always an Adventure (and woefully outdated)
    1.6 ITE/SPU/ST2 Turbo Miata (in pieces... err progress)

Updates and stories from the weekend?????
    Steve Eckerich
    ITS 18 Speedsource RX7
    ITR RX8 (under construction)

That was one cold wet weekend. I remember looking at the weather forecast 7 days ago it claiming it would be 65 degrees and sunny both days. My ass!

I had a roll off/roll on weekend. First time I think NOT working on the car at CMP. Nothing, other than removing some wires that were fouling the windshield wipers. Protest me bitches!

Saturday qual was dry. Mr. Parrish was fast. I had a sub 1:50 lap going and threw it away at 14...went from 1.1 seconds on the T-mate faster than my best to even. Yay.

Skies opened. Steve P. was on old wets and it showed. Me and Chuck got around the ITR BMW (Derek K.) and Steve pretty quickly. I had nothing for Chuck in the wet. He and Ricky checked out. Finish was Rick, Chuck, me.

BUT - that's my first rain race on Hoosier wets which are AWESOME.....the hymen is broken. I actually had a lot of fun, even though the windshield wipers quit working 3-4 laps in (fouled on said wire). Very British experience.

Saturday night was a cold freaking night in the paddock but Mr.Parrish cooked up some awesome brats and we sat around and had a good time.

Sunday qual was damp and I did a nice impression of a top down in turn 1 - full 360 for the audience. Behold, the People's Racer. Qual was Rick at 2:00, Chuck 2:01, me 2:02.

Race started and the three of us squirted away. Chuck pulled out 5-6 seconds but I reeled him back in, and then spent 3-4 seconds in the carousel trying to find 3rd gear.....nice.....reeled him back in again, and same thing, although this time, the ITR BMW got back around me.

Last 3-4 laps I closed up on Chuck pretty good, was maybe 300-400 yards away from him at the entrance to turn 12 on what turned out to be the last lap.....and no brakes going into 12...one set of pads for the weekend at CMP had exceeded their useful life. And I missed 3rd gear again.

ITR BMW got along side of me and that put to bed any hope of catching Chuck. I got crossed up exiting 14 and the BMW dragged me to the line for 3rd overall.

All in all a good weekend. TR8 has mucho potential at CMP that I did not exploit.

Best story of the weekend was Ron Munnerlyn in a rental ITS E30 ending up on the driver's door off of turn 8 with about 10 laps to go in the CCPS and not being able to exit the car....(well, funny only because he didn't get hurt).

Mr. Eckerich, get that Uber-RX7 together and down to CMP on Memorial Day....
    NC Region
    1980 ITS Triumph TR8

I guess the number one story of the weekend was the weather. What a beautiful day on Friday. Too bad the rest of the weekend was so raw... Saturday morning was cool but dry. Qualifying was great track conditions! Ricky T led the way with a 1:48.7 in his black Z3 ITR. I busted off a 1:49.3 to lead ITS. Next was Derek Ketchie in an ITR e46 at 1:50.0. Chuck Hines was second in ITS 1:50.8 followed close by Jeff Young 1:50.9.... Ron Earp and Bryan Parrish both had mechanical gremlins and both put the cars on the trailer... Ron Munnerlyn ran ITS in a beamer

The race was a very different story. It rained hard right before the race and light rain fell throughout. I got a good start but braked way too early for turn one (I wish we'd started on the back straight). Chuck and Jeff got right up on me. Derek got sideways leaving Rickey to race with the ITS guys. My rain tires were old so those guys got around me before turn 8. We kinda spread out and that was the way we finished. Considering, it was a very clean race.....

Sunday morning was still wet and cold. The radar looked like it would rain all day so I loaded up and went home to build a fire! Turns out it was dry by race time so a bad choice on my part. I had a chance for the top spot but wimped out on the weather....

Someone else can chime in on the Sunday action....

Quote Originally Posted by seckerich View Post
    Updates and stories from the weekend?????
    Steve Parrish
    57 ITS Nissan 300ZX

In ITB, the lone car was a Pinto. So since nobody but me decided to show up, I raced with the EP cars. 1st in ITB or 2nd in EP. Yes, I spun out at turn one on the pace lap Sunday, but it was damp, I was on dry tires, and it was my first weekend in a rear driver in YEARS. Adrian Hilliard was the lone ITC car in his Honda.

Russ
    Russ

Quote Originally Posted by Parrish57 View Post
    I guess the number one story of the weekend was the weather. What a beautiful day on Friday. Too bad the rest of the weekend was so raw... Saturday morning was cool but dry. Qualifying was great track conditions! Ricky T led the way with a 1:48.7 in his black Z3 ITR. I busted off a 1:49.3 to lead ITS. Next was Derek Ketchie in an ITR e46 at 1:50.0. Chuck Hines was second in ITS 1:50.8 followed close by Jeff Young 1:50.9.... Ron Earp and Bryan Parrish both had mechanical gremlins and both put the cars on the trailer... Ron Munnerlyn ran ITS in a beamer

The race was a very different story. It rained hard right before the race and light rain fell throughout. I got a good start but braked way too early for turn one (I wish we'd started on the back straight). Chuck and Jeff got right up on me. Derek got sideways leaving Rickey to race with the ITS guys. My rain tires were old so those guys got around me before turn 8. We kinda spread out and that was the way we finished. Considering, it was a very clean race.....

Sunday morning was still wet and cold. The radar looked like it would rain all day so I loaded up and went home to build a fire! Turns out it was dry by race time so a bad choice on my part. I had a chance for the top spot but wimped out on the weather....

Someone else can chime in on the Sunday action....
    Give me a call and we can see what we can do to get Brian fixed up. I tried what I could on the phone with Ralph but have to be there to do more. I think you just need to load up and bring the car up to Asheville and lets see what sensor is screwing it up. I owe you.
    Steve Eckerich
    ITS 18 Speedsource RX7
    ITR RX8 (under construction)

Mr. Parrish, it was good racing on Sunday. Hate that you missed it, it would have been a 3 car dogfight for the win.....

Congrats to Chuck on two clean fast drives. Nice weekend for him.
    NC Region
    1980 ITS Triumph TR8