Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314

Thread: March 2011 Fastrack

Quote Originally Posted by rcc85 View Post
    132HP peak? At the wheels? From your car? On a reliable dyno? That looks like a pretty healthy number to me.
    Yes... but I think they were bump-drafting.
    Gary Learned
    MiDiv
    Volvo 142E
    http://www.youtube.com/user/denrael

If we are looking at 132 at the wheels it certainly doesn't need a weight drop
    Les Chaney
    #33 FP Volvo

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by Gary L View Post
    Yes... but I think they were bump-drafting.
    I assume then that you agree that dyno numbers don't matter since I was not challenging the multiplier only the 120HP number. Note the past tense on that... I am no longer debating with them since the ITAC members here posted where they got that information. It is what it is.

Stephen

Quote Originally Posted by Harvey View Post
    If we are looking at 132 at the wheels it certainly doesn't need a weight drop
    Not at the wheels and not done by expensive professional equipment.

Again I wasn't EVER challenging the multiplier which is why I have never submitted any of this info. It may be worthwhile for the MR2 guys but that is a completly different scenario.

Stephen

Quote Originally Posted by Hoof Hearted View Post
    You and Mike kicked my ass at BHF... ...but that's more of a "dead weight" in the seat and less of a car issue.
    Bill's old S-roc (now an HP car) and Bob's white one (which has not been out in a few years) are two cars I would like to spend a few weekends in out there. Just based on spending some straight away time with them and realizing what the weight difference should mean in braking/cornering. I could be wrong though...
    Chris Schaafsma
    Golf 2 HProd

AMT Racing Engines - DIYAutoTune.com

Default If we are looking at 132 at the wheels it certainly doesn't need a weight drop

There's my favorite problem again-dubious chassis dyno data!!
    Listen-in my opinion the cpe weight shouldn't go down. I base that on:
    my experience (lrg) w/that family of 4/5 cyl engines and common sense;
    my experience with the twins showing me their technical abilities vis a vis engine preparation was not terribly sophisticated (ie: not near 10/10)
    my own experience on-track with those cars in a very well prepared/tuned/dynoed/competetive A2. (and numerous runs down the hill to big bend in the Blethems company)

But-don't even begin to give that dyno number (132hp) credibility. It is so typical of the bullshit #s coming off chassis dyno operators.

Sorry-maybe thats another subject, but as a practical matter I consider chassis dyno info to be useless in this context. For A/B/C comparisons they are useful, but not here. (IE: if you could put several cars on the same dyno on the same day, correcting for atmospheric conditions each pull-that info would be good data. Whether it would be good information would be questioned, but context is everything)

Point is, don't screw the pooch any further by running with this (132hp) information Steven has humbly (foolishly?) provided.
    phil hunt