Thread: 87 civic front hubs

Default 87 civic front hubs

any sugestions for where to buy new ones? if there is no new then what do you do?
    Rick Benazic
    All Star Sheet Metal inc.

ITS Honda prelude #06

Default 87 civic hubs

Found out an 88 crx hf hub works. I tried because I noticed they had the same bearing and spline count as 87 Civics. Everything looks exactly the same except the 88hf hub it is about 1mm shorter and has an extra pair of 6mm threaded holes. These are around $130 a piece new. Not sure how IT legal these would being 1mm shorter and having the extra holes.

Nice!
    Rick Benazic
    All Star Sheet Metal inc.

ITS Honda prelude #06

Good find! I would think that you could make up the deviation with a 1 MM shim. Have you had any binding issues on the brakes? If so, shim the studs so the rotors float on the shims, if not, then put the shim between the rotor and wheel.

Wasn't their a group buy on some custom made hubs a few years back? Over on redpepper?
    hoop
    hoop
    Greensboro, NC
    STL Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by iambhooper View Post
    Good find! I would think that you could make up the deviation with a 1 MM shim. Have you had any binding issues on the brakes? If so, shim the studs so the rotors float on the shims, if not, then put the shim between the rotor and wheel.

Wasn't their a group buy on some custom made hubs a few years back? Over on redpepper?
    hoop
    There is no binding issue, the 1mm makes no noticeable difference.

There was a group buy on redpepperracing, but at $800 vs $260/pair I couldn't bring myself to make the commitment.