Thread: Rental Costs

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Rental Costs

I am going to be renting out my extra seats for enduros this year and need an idea on costs so am asking what YOU would pay for a seat in the car. I have some ideas, but I'd like to see if I'm too low or too high.

The car is a Neon ACR, I have no track time for the car as an IT car as it has only ran as an SSC car. The engine was rebuilt not that long ago with no race mileage just some autocross and one track day. The suspension currently is the typical ACR package which is adjustable Konis, Mopar springs, sway bars, and all new bushings.

My home track is Road Atlanta, it will cost me $30 to get it there towing it.

So just curious, what is a good price for say 3 hour races, 8 hour, etc. The longest race I'm looking at is the 8 hour with NASA in December. I'd like to do the VIR 13 hour if I had the funding.

I want the rental cost to include tires, brakes, etc. It's very easy on brakes and tires, we will probably be using BFGoodrich R1s.

Also how much seat time do renting drivers want, I know seat time is everything, but realistically in a three hour enduro with just two drivers is an hour and a half each worth the cost of renting?

I have a chance to race with the PBOC at Road Atlanta at the end of the month, there is a three hour enduro on Friday including a 30 minute practice and 30 minute qualifying before the race. It would be my first race, giving me a PBOC license, I don't have any other license yet. I missed the double school with SCCA at Roebling due to my car needing a bit more and some unexpected medical expenses for our chinchilla.
    Last edited by Simon T.; 02-03-2011 at 05:24 PM.