Quote Originally Posted by JLawton View Post
Are you talking an enduro season?

See my note on your other thread. I was able to do a full season for $5K in a 944 when I first started. Was I slow? Hell yeah!! but I was out there having fun and learning. I'd have to look back but I think I had a couple of seasons in my ITB rabbitt for about the same. But I was also lucky I had no major failures or crashes.

You don't EVEN want to know what I spent this past season to win the NARRC championship..............

If you want to do the responsible thing financially? Don't race.......... We're all whacked to be doing this..........
No I added that up not even including enduros, that was just six IT races and also included my school weekend and the cost of what else I need to finish the car which isn't much though probably around $300 worth so that didn't really make the price so high. lol

I really don't care about being fast out of the box, I just want to race! I've been trying too long!

Well I'm already semi-irresponsible for sure for even considering it . Sometimes the smart side of my head tries to prevent me from doing things, it probably won't ever win but...

$5k for a season is more reasonable, the only thing that made the price go up was the driver school I'm doing is in Daytona which is a good distance, if I get waived a second school sweet, if not, the next one I've seen is in Homestead...$$$ Road Atlanta is only 45 minutes away from home so that's nothing, I just want to be sure I complete my licensing requirements after school which is two regionals right? Then four if you want a national license?

I always feel there is a lump to go over and then it's easier to plan out. It's the getting the car finished, the schools, etc. that make it sound so hard! Once all that is done I'll sleep in a tent at the track and eat hot dogs all weekend to save some money and race.