Thread: Queen of Hearts Double-Double, Feb 5-6

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

They need to reschedule...here's what Dallas looks like right now. The freeways in Houston are closed. Turnout of maybe 30 cars????
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Mark B. - Dallas, TX
    #76 RX-7 2nd Gen
    SCCA EP
    Former ITS, ITE, NASA PT

Purdy photo. The sun finally came out here, but it's still icy in town.
    I agree it wouldn't be a bad idea to reschedule, but my personal calendar is pretty full. don't know if I can make another race this month, but that's just me. There's 135 other drivers and several dozen workers to worry about as well.
    Houston Region
    STU Nissan 240SX
    EProd RX7

I agree , need to reschedule ... Appears to be the best compromise solution for all parties

Hard to believe how nice it was this afternoon for the race ... 25 degrees on the way to the track , 61 degrees going home.

Rick Hill and I had a barn burner of a race ... Lots of fun , never touched.

What was turn out like? Not sure how many DFW folks could have made it down yesterday.
    Mark B. - Dallas, TX
    #76 RX-7 2nd Gen
    SCCA EP
    Former ITS, ITE, NASA PT

I'm not sure about the total , registration told me it looked like we would lose about 30 participants.

I think we had 7 or 8 in ITA ... Some of the other groups looked pretty thin

Sorry the DFW group could not make it

Weather was cold in the morning, but absolutely beautiful after lunch.

Turn out wasn't bad for closed wheel guys, but open wheel was pretty light. There were about 10 cars that raced in each open wheel group

IT/Prod/STU had about 30 cars total, SM had 30 cars. Big bore group had about 15 cars.

I saw a couple more cars in the lot this evening that weren't running this morning, so there should be a few more out there tomorrow.

Overall lap pace was good- the fast EP guys were running low 1:4x. I remember seeing some 1:44s in qual, but don't know if they got any faster during the race.
    I was a couple seconds off my fast pace- going to blame it on the new diff being too short and having to run the straights in 5th gear, which is taller than than 4th gear with the old diff. I really wish I'd have held out for a 4.3 instead of going with the 4.6....
    Houston Region
    STU Nissan 240SX
    EProd RX7

Results are in..
    I took the results listed on MyLaps.com and combined the regional and national races to see how I did overall. Figured I'd share since it's already done.

Edit.. added class info thanks to Mark.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Matt93SE; 02-10-2011 at 03:12 PM.
    Houston Region
    STU Nissan 240SX
    EProd RX7