Thread: Queen of Hearts Double-Double, Feb 5-6

Default Queen of Hearts Double-Double, Feb 5-6

At present, there's 133 cars registered. 23 Drivers entered in STO, GT, T, big-IT.

34 drivers entered in SS, small-IT, Prod, STU run group. If the weather decides to cooperate, it's gonna be fun!
    Houston Region
    STU Nissan 240SX
    EProd RX7

Quote Originally Posted by Matt93SE View Post
    At present, there's 133 cars registered. 23 Drivers entered in STO, GT, T, big-IT.

34 drivers entered in SS, small-IT, Prod, STU run group. If the weather decides to cooperate, it's gonna be fun!
    Let's see , the last race we ran in the rain ... Maybe on Sat. we can run on Ice ... Let's hope by Sunday we can run a dry race

At present, there's 133 cars registered.
    Doubt 100 even show now. I cancelled today after looking at local Houston weather. Not even sure I could get the trailer loaded with the shop parking lot still a skating rink here in Dallas. Just not worth it towing on ice...
    Mark B. - Dallas, TX
    #76 RX-7 2nd Gen
    SCCA EP
    Former ITS, ITE, NASA PT

yeah I hear ya. good thing I'm only 6 miles from the track! Houston is at a standstill with the ice, but things are fine where I am since the ground temp is above freezing and there's no overpasses between here and there.
    Houston Region
    STU Nissan 240SX
    EProd RX7

I'll be there Sunday .... Still not sure about Sat ???

The tow might be an issue ... as of 10:30 AM my route is blocked with ice

They need to reschedule...here's what Dallas looks like right now. The freeways in Houston are closed. Turnout of maybe 30 cars????
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Mark B. - Dallas, TX
    #76 RX-7 2nd Gen
    SCCA EP
    Former ITS, ITE, NASA PT

Purdy photo. The sun finally came out here, but it's still icy in town.
    I agree it wouldn't be a bad idea to reschedule, but my personal calendar is pretty full. don't know if I can make another race this month, but that's just me. There's 135 other drivers and several dozen workers to worry about as well.
    Houston Region
    STU Nissan 240SX
    EProd RX7

I agree , need to reschedule ... Appears to be the best compromise solution for all parties

Hard to believe how nice it was this afternoon for the race ... 25 degrees on the way to the track , 61 degrees going home.

Rick Hill and I had a barn burner of a race ... Lots of fun , never touched.

What was turn out like? Not sure how many DFW folks could have made it down yesterday.
    Mark B. - Dallas, TX
    #76 RX-7 2nd Gen
    SCCA EP
    Former ITS, ITE, NASA PT

I'm not sure about the total , registration told me it looked like we would lose about 30 participants.

I think we had 7 or 8 in ITA ... Some of the other groups looked pretty thin

Sorry the DFW group could not make it

Weather was cold in the morning, but absolutely beautiful after lunch.

Turn out wasn't bad for closed wheel guys, but open wheel was pretty light. There were about 10 cars that raced in each open wheel group

IT/Prod/STU had about 30 cars total, SM had 30 cars. Big bore group had about 15 cars.

I saw a couple more cars in the lot this evening that weren't running this morning, so there should be a few more out there tomorrow.

Overall lap pace was good- the fast EP guys were running low 1:4x. I remember seeing some 1:44s in qual, but don't know if they got any faster during the race.
    I was a couple seconds off my fast pace- going to blame it on the new diff being too short and having to run the straights in 5th gear, which is taller than than 4th gear with the old diff. I really wish I'd have held out for a 4.3 instead of going with the 4.6....
    Houston Region
    STU Nissan 240SX
    EProd RX7

Results are in..
    I took the results listed on MyLaps.com and combined the regional and national races to see how I did overall. Figured I'd share since it's already done.

Edit.. added class info thanks to Mark.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Matt93SE; 02-10-2011 at 03:12 PM.
    Houston Region
    STU Nissan 240SX
    EProd RX7

Thanks for posting Matt ... I think I had one of my most frustrating races ever on Sun after my momentum was broken on lap 1 , I got passed by a couple a cars that then proceeded to hold me up the rest of the race.

Sounds like I need to get up on the wheel

I remember looking in my mirror seeing a big yellow Mustang muscle someone out of the way through Diamond's Edge. I didn't look back after that.

Doc Smith and Octavio are fun to play with. They'll run you hard but clean. some of Doc's cars are fast, others not so much. (He owned all of those pesky Neons, as well as the blue Del Sol that was out this weekend.) Bryan Gregory in the white Neon is hard to pass because he drives a very defensive line, but I can almost always outbrake him Crider in the black Neon is cake.. just follow him for a lap or two and he'll spin and you can drive right by.

the rest of the guys that were around you I don't know..
    Houston Region
    STU Nissan 240SX
    EProd RX7

Results are in..
    MyLaps doesn't list car class, so I don't have that information.
    The default view does not show class, just click the "show results by class" which is right above the "best speed" column heading.
    Mark B. - Dallas, TX
    #76 RX-7 2nd Gen
    SCCA EP
    Former ITS, ITE, NASA PT

never noticed that, thanks!

above files edited to show the classes.
    Houston Region
    STU Nissan 240SX
    EProd RX7