Thread: Dog Box dilemma..

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Dog Box dilemma..

So I've found a used G-Force T-5 dog box for a good price. Unfortunately, I've talked to G Force and they've discontinued that box. They only have what's left on the shelf for parts for it, and expect that supply to only last 1-2 years.

so should I buy this box and convert the car to a T-5 only so I can run it for a few years (until I break a gear they no longer stock), and throw it away, or do I hold out for something else?

Another question along this line- I've considered a Saenz 840 as well, but the tranny is much wider than a T-5 and would require me to cut the tranny tunnel to make it fit. Would that be allowed in STU rules?

Appreciate any comments.
    Houston Region
    STU Nissan 240SX
    EProd RX7

Just throwing this out there; Quaife has five and six-speed dog-engagement gearsets for the Silvia case. Sequential and H-pattern.
    Chris Ludwig
    GL Lakes Div
    www.ludwigmotorsports.com

They sure do. They're around seven million dollars and fit the SR20 block. Since the only SR engines in the US were FWD and the heads can't be made to fit a RWD platform, so far I can't use it.

I'm hoping for a less esoteric transmission that allows me to get parts quicker and cheaper in the US. i.e. Richmond, G Force, Schwitter, etc.
    Houston Region
    STU Nissan 240SX
    EProd RX7

Ka-CHING.

That is all.

K

That's why I'm shopping the used market. They're not nearly as expensive used, but the issue is finding parts for them. the G force would be an awesome deal if only they made parts for it still.
    Houston Region
    STU Nissan 240SX
    EProd RX7

Matt, 4 speed Jerico, about 1700 on racing sites. Name your ratios. made to hold 750 Hp no prob. gearsets are 75 to 125. Do you really really need all 5??
    Chris Leone
    318i going STL!!!
    E36 ITS underconstruction(sold)
    84 944 ITS (sold)
    71 240z more than half way there/now GT2 bound!!
    ChrisLeonemotorsports.com
    Roll cages and fabrication