I met with the distributors of the subject products at a Car Show up here on the weekend. They are both new products coming into the Canadian marketplace and I have no knowledge of the products other than the information I was given by them. Has anybody had any experience with their products?

I like the fact that the fuel octane is reached without any oxygenaters (is that even a word?) and has the consistency that sometimes is lacking with the smaller regional brands. I also like the fact that Shell has spent a ton of time working in the Le Mans Series and in F1 and knows how to do the job. For the oils, I like the grades being offered and the marketing, but I know nothing about the oil as it has not been available in Canada before. For a benchmark, how does it compare to Redline. In looking at their information, it seems to be stable to above 250 degrees, which makes it very interesting to me.

I know the fuel is out of the norm for IT runners, but you never know and the oil should have some exposure. I just want to find out as I will need to import both and I don't want to bring in a 55 gallon drum if is only the same or worse than Sunoco and VP. The oils seem like they are very interesting with the reduced aeration and temp stability, so comments please.

Eric