Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Northeast: Who's Doing What in 2011?

Default Northeast: Who's Doing What in 2011?

So what's everyone's plans for next year??

My plan is to dog Andy to every race he goes to until I beat him straight up...............

Naaaaaaaa. Although Andy and I did talk about going down to VIR for a weekend. I've never had my ITA car there so it would be fun!!

I'm looking at Pocono, at least one LRP, Thunder and one WGI. I'd also like to go down to the ARRC again to see how bad I can get beat up on!! Maybe do some Pro IT??

And..... who's doing what to their cars for next year???
    Jeff L

ITA Miata

2010 NARRC Champion

2007 NERRC Championship, 2nd place
    2008 NARRC Championship, 2nd place
    2009 NARRC Championship, 2nd place

I'm thinking about heading down to VIR for the Goblins Go event. Sounds like that's typically a well attended event, not entirely sure though. Then 2 glen races, LRP twice, Summit (TBD when, damn Indy / AMLS race on Labor Day!), and NJMP.

ARRC sounds good, but it's such a freaking long tow.
    Dave Gran
    Real Roads, Real Car Guys – Real World Road Tests
    Go Ahead - Take the Wheel's Free Guide to Racing

On the flip side, I'm thinking about hauling up to WGI this year.....
    NC Region
    1980 ITS Triumph TR8

Quote Originally Posted by JLawton View Post
    So what's everyone's plans for next year??

My plan is to dog Andy to every race he goes to until I beat him [s]straight[/s] up...............

Naaaaaaaa. Although Andy and I did talk about going down to VIR for a weekend. I've never had my ITA car there so it would be fun!!

I'm looking at Pocono, at least one LRP, Thunder and one WGI. I'd also like to go down to the ARRC again to see how bad I can get beat up on!! Maybe do some Pro IT??

And..... who's doing what to their cars for next year???
    Do it. VIR is awesome. Especially in the wet. As a matter of fact, I think a smart way to go is to do the Goblins Go, esp since you're considering the ARRC, tow to VIR. Do race, load up. Tow an hour and a half south-ish to RDU, leave rig at airport private parking. Fly home. 10 days later fly back. Tix were $109 for me RT. An parking was super cheap. Jeff Young helped me out and I made arrangements with the manager ahead of time. Then continue tow to Road Atlanta, Return as normal. Saves a TON of towing and gas and $$.

If you guys (Dave, Andy?) want to do it as a group, I'd do it again.

As for Pocono, a gun would be needed for me to go back. Awful place.
    Jake Gulick

CarriageHouse Motorsports
    for sale: 2003 Audi A4 Quattro, clean, serviced, dark green, auto, sunroof, tan leather with 75K miles.
    IT-7 #57 RX-7 race car
    Porsche 1973 911E street/fun car
    BMW 2003 M3 cab, sun car.
    GMC Sierra Tow Vehicle
    New England Region
    lateapex911(at)gmail(dot)com

Proposed, to be chosen from the following:

• NJMP Devil in the Dark 12 hour, ITA Miata
    • Regional or two at NHMS, STL Integra. Probably one or two of the Triples.
    • LRP something.
    • Double-something at WGI, STU/L Integra (Young, what's your plan...?)
    • IT Fest, Mid-Ohio, STL
    • VIR 13, Honda Civic...? (evil grin)
    • ARRC, STL
    • ...and...?

Would also be fun to tow down to VIR to run the Integra. Not a bad tow; a bit long-ish, but an easy one-dayer and all highway. If'n I had an engine in the car I'd go next month...but I don't.

GA

Come on down to VIR in March. You want to attempt to split a run at an ECR in a Triumph? Entry fees are $175, we can split that, but brake pad consumable costs may hit four figures!

Seriously, love to have you down.

On WGI, what are the normal dates? August will be a long tow to Daytona. If WGI is either July or September I may do it.
    NC Region
    1980 ITS Triumph TR8

Jeff, have you SEEN the in car camera videos of Greg's drives? (like the Glen?) Just ask Billiel about a cars longevity in his hands.

Seriously, he's a good driver.
    (but watch the vids first. heh heh heh)
    Jake Gulick

CarriageHouse Motorsports
    for sale: 2003 Audi A4 Quattro, clean, serviced, dark green, auto, sunroof, tan leather with 75K miles.
    IT-7 #57 RX-7 race car
    Porsche 1973 911E street/fun car
    BMW 2003 M3 cab, sun car.
    GMC Sierra Tow Vehicle
    New England Region
    lateapex911(at)gmail(dot)com

It's got big nasty steel and rubber bumpers.

Seroiusly, would love to have Greg down but the TR is not capable of an ECR. After a 30 minute sprint race at VIR, the front brakes are done.
    NC Region
    1980 ITS Triumph TR8

Is the Goblins Go event one of the more well attended? I looked at last years entry list and didn't seem like there were many ITB cars.
    Dave Gran
    Real Roads, Real Car Guys – Real World Road Tests
    Go Ahead - Take the Wheel's Free Guide to Racing

It would be a hoot. I've always had a thing for Triumphs, especially the TR-250/TR-6 (but let's just keep that within ourselves, shall we...?)

It was slim in 2010, we took too long to prep the car and test in early spring. Haste makes waste and that was exactly what happened. Things have been different since Aug '10. Matt is building and will tune a 10/10ths motor. I will remove the front sway bar, if time allows, push close to 1K lbs in the rear, put in a Hondata s300 and add some gauges in the car... namely a shift light possibly going to 225's in the front. I can just hear Jeff, "jeez kid one thing at a time!"

Between paying the build and parts bills, buying some metal for my gf and trying to buy a house, I will be lucky to do half of NARRC schedule. Ideally, I would go to FL in Feb, VIR in March, NARRC and ARRC... but that might have to wait for another year. For now, I will hope to go to POC in May and a test weekend beforehand.

Mickey
    Last edited by mossaidis; 01-20-2011 at 09:39 PM.
    Demetrius Mossaidis aka 'Mickey' #12 ITA NESCCA
    '92 Honda Civic Si
    STFU and "Then write a letter. www.crbscca.com"
    2013 ITA NARRC Champion and I have not raced since.

3/12-13 VIR (ITB CRX) This is a track on the personal bucket list.

After VIR the "plan" has the CRX likely undergoing several hopefully speedy improvements, so in that interim timeframe:

4/30-5/1 NJMP Devil in the Dark (a definite maybe if I can arrange a ride or might just offer to crew)
    5/7-8 Pocono (home region event so probably just be there worker bee capacity)

The ITB car shuld be back together sometime in late May ready in time for:

6/4-5 NJMP Thunderbolt
    6/25-26 NJMP Lightning
    7/30-31 Mid Ohio IT Fest
    8/20-21 NJMP Thunderbolt
    9/17-18 Glen (Big Maybe - I think I might be allergic to blue guiderail)
    10/22-23 NJMP Lightning

And as a wild-wildcard depending on how the year goes,

11/4-6 ARRC (either to drive, spectate or crew)
    Rob Foley
    Race: ITB '87 CRX Si
    Autocross: GP '86 Civic Si

Travis and I are looking forward to this season. We now have to 2 VW Golfs as well as the A-Sedan and are planning to drive at some events and continue to bring in some more new drivers to SCCA and IT
    I know I would like to do the ARRC's and one of those Summit Point races with almost 30 ITB cars, but we'll see how the season plays out. Im sure we'll be at all LRP's, maybe a couple NHMS's and definitely a Watkins Glen.

Looking forward to meet more of you guys this year
    Ryan Hall

Just Boss It
    #03 Mini Cooper B-Spec
    Indian Summer Racing/Advanced Monograms
    SolidSkills.Net

Don't miss these great events!

April 30 & May 1st NHMS Rational, national and regional combined
    May 28 & 29 NHMS regional triple
    June 17 LRP restricted drivers school (closed wheel only) and regional qualifying
    June 18 LRP regional (two races)
    July 8 & 9 NHMS drivers school (school ends at noon on Saturday)
    July 9 &10 NHMS regional (qualifying on Saturday starting at noon) Sunday 2 races
    August 6 & 7 NHMS regional triple
    September 10 & 11 NHMS regional triple
    Jerry
    NER South

That's right, the two driver's schools...yep, I'll be there for those.

Oh, and I've been talked into entering the Stewards program, along with the prior Scrutineering duties...

Dave, to be hnest, B down here at VIR is pretty weak right now. We get, by far, the most cars for SARRC/MARRS when the MARRS guys come down. That's in May. Sometimes 20 car fields, or more.

Sometimes at Goblins we will get 2-3 B cars, sometimes 5-6. But that is about it.

Sorry man.

Quote Originally Posted by gran racing View Post
    Is the Goblins Go event one of the more well attended? I looked at last years entry list and didn't seem like there were many ITB cars.
    NC Region
    1980 ITS Triumph TR8

Not a bad time to introduce myself to the NEDIV guys, I plan to run a few at the Glen this year and maybe one at Lime Rock. I ran ITC from 95-98 and then ran Nationals/Runoffs in GT4/GTL through 2006...after Topeka I thought it was time to retire.....and I thought I had..
    But I had the itch and took pity on an ITA CRX up in NH....so.....instead of buying the 10k Miata and waxing it until the snow melts in Syracuse....about June. I thought why go smart and easy and be quick right away...no Joe..dive right back in and replace, paint and question every single part, piece and placement. But I've missed it...

To those like Jeff thinking of coming to the Glen...do it. Only a few tracks in the U.S. can even compare. The surroundings are beautiful, lake, hills covered in rows of grape vines, small town main st., racing history on par with european tracks...oh and driving the long course at the Glen at speed can only be compared with a few things in...life.

Ok...gotta go get back to the snowblower,
    Joe Zingaro
    ITA CRX

Quote Originally Posted by fivedimeracer View Post
    Not a bad time to introduce myself to the NEDIV guys, I plan to run a few at the Glen this year and maybe one at Lime Rock. I ran ITC from 95-98 and then ran Nationals/Runoffs in GT4/GTL through 2006...after Topeka I thought it was time to retire.....and I thought I had..
    But I had the itch and took pity on an ITA CRX up in NH....so.....instead of buying the 10k Miata and waxing it until the snow melts in Syracuse....about June. I thought why go smart and easy and be quick right away...no Joe..dive right back in and replace, paint and question every single part, piece and placement. But I've missed it...

To those like Jeff thinking of coming to the Glen...do it. Only a few tracks in the U.S. can even compare. The surroundings are beautiful, lake, hills covered in rows of grape vines, small town main st., racing history on par with european tracks...oh and driving the long course at the Glen at speed can only be compared with a few things in...life.

Ok...gotta go get back to the snowblower,
    Joe Zingaro
    ITA CRX
    Welcome! I think you will find your fair share of quick ITA cars in this area.
    Andy Bettencourt
    New England Region 188967

Thanks Andy!

JZ

Welcome back Joe. Whatever happened to the Fiesta?