Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: IT jetta no start...help

back again for an update. finally had time to put back together since i have been busy with my house and what not. car runs like a champ. moved the dit a tiny bit and fired right up. what are you guys doing for timeing and how are you setting timing. i know you can time with witha light off the fly wheel. but i dont really know anything after that. any help would be great. and what exhaust are you running. i have a tt header and that it for now. and remeber this is a 1.8 8v. bored 20 over ,port/polish head. bigger valves,balanced and printed.

we time are cars at 34 degrees befor TDC at 4000 RPMS. I run a 1.8 as well in ITB. Not sure if im speaking out of line or not but port and polish i think is ok but bigger valves might wanna look at the gcr for more info if your runnig in ITB. If im wrong sorry in advanced

If it is an ITB build the only things you can do on the head are resurface, match the ports to the gasket without touching anything beyond 1" from the gasket surface, and whatever is detailed in the Bentley.
    Chris Schaafsma
    Golf 2 HProd

AMT Racing Engines - DIYAutoTune.com

Those had a TSB on the battery ground location back in the day
    I'm here, you over there and in the middle is tiffany jewelry.
    While there is life, there is hope tiffany jewelry cheap.