Thread: I decided to send in a request to remove/replace wires in IT cars

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

And that is one of the key issues with my position and that of David's -- how do you know what drivers in IT actually want?

I do boil it down to those that want to be heard on an issue will be, and it is their opinion that matters since they are the ones who actually cared to voice it.
    NC Region
    1980 ITS Triumph TR8

Quote Originally Posted by JeffYoung View Post
    And that is one of the key issues with my position and that of David's -- how do you know what drivers in IT actually want?

I do boil it down to those that want to be heard on an issue will be, and it is their opinion that matters since they are the ones who actually cared to voice it.
    Further, and beyond the actual polling and feedback from Fastrack, it is why there IS an ITAC. The ITAC members job is to be in touch with, and understand the wants and pulse of the racer. (Among other aspects of the position).
    It was one of the reasons I traveled quite a bit, instead of hanging close to home to race. During my tenure on the ITAC, I talked to racers about all things IT in the paddocks of Sears Point, Mid Ohio, Pocono, Watkins Glen, New jersey Motorsports Park, Lime Rock, New Hampshire, Summit Point, VIR, and Road Atlanta. Things are pretty varied geographically. I learned a lot and it helped me understand why people say the things they do.

I was rather annoyed that certain fellow ITAC=ers did not actually race in IT, nor make an effort to communicate with IT racers, either at the track or via boards like this one, yet their vote, however uninformed it was, counted. I think the engine mount debacle, for example, can be blamed on an inability to understand the actual racing scene on the part of certain individuals.

Conversely, it's the ITAC members job, as well, to protect the members from things they think they want, but fail to understand completely, which can result in a reality quite different than what they envisioned. Again, being at the track and racing helps with those judgments.
    Last edited by lateapex911; 01-19-2011 at 09:14 PM.
    Jake Gulick

CarriageHouse Motorsports
    for sale: 2003 Audi A4 Quattro, clean, serviced, dark green, auto, sunroof, tan leather with 75K miles.
    IT-7 #57 RX-7 race car
    Porsche 1973 911E street/fun car
    BMW 2003 M3 cab, sun car.
    GMC Sierra Tow Vehicle
    New England Region
    lateapex911(at)gmail(dot)com