The car prep rules would be are no big deal, SCCA is perfectly capable of running the same cars. I believe that in mid div they have already run a lemons/chump class at regionals (can we call them Lumps). My understanding is the safety gear level they are running would be fine. What SCCA need to work on is the perception if not the reality of getting a license. We are always going to require physicals and I do not see us giving up having to have a license unless the Lump drivers are never on the track with traditional racers. Now we are trying hard to stream line this stuff. It looks like we can go to 2 year physicals in some age groups that are now 1 year and we accept Nasa Med forms and are working on FAA but these are small steps. We are reviewing what the requirements should be for license renewal and talking about the making the waivers system more automatic.
I think we serve the hard core racer well but we fall down on the casual racer, the guy with an IT car in his garage but can only race 1 to 3 weekends a year.