On Thu Jan 13 9:48 , Neohio Enduro <[email protected]> sent:

>First and foremost, on behalf of Nelson Ledges, Neohio Region and the many volunteers that have help us put on these endurance race over the many years:
>*
>THANK YOU
>--
>
>I would also like to thank the many sponsor that have helped all of us by defraying the cost of this event.
>*
>By now you may have guessed that this was the sugar coating to the bad news.
>*
>Neohio and Nelson Ledges are feeling the pinch of the economy.* Our sponsors are in this economy cut back also and feel that with the low turn outs, this is not money well spent.* We can not afford to host this event on a "if come" entry.* For the last two years, we have held the cost down to the 2007 levels hoping this would entice more entries.* Last year we only had 15 entries and Western Ohio with their 8 hour enduro only had 10 and they charged $900 for an 8 hour race.
>
>*
>With the influx of the "Other" non-SCCA funny car event, The Lemons and The Used Care enduro, we just can not compete due to our rules structure.* While they seem to be fun event, I for one would prefer "REAL" gentlemen SCCA racing.
>
>*
>To that end, we have decided to raise the entry fee to $1000 with a minimum entry of 30 cars.* This means we need $30,000 to put on this race.* Now, after hearing all that, if you are interest or have any ides how we can come up with that figure, we are open to you suggestion.* If we get more then 30 cars, we can make refunds thou that is not cast in stone yet.
>
>*
>At this time, if you are really interested in seeing the 12 hour*"Longest Day of Nelsons" continue, please respond to this e-mail.* A formal "Intent To Enter" form will be sent later.* We need to know now if we should proceed with this in 2011.
>
>*
>Tentatively, half of the money would be due up front with the completed Intent form and the balance due no later then 30 days before the event.* We cannot afford to be guessing on this.
>
>*
>If we don't have the interest, we will drop the date or use it for a straight regional.
>*
>Your input is important as this is YOUR race.* The cut off for this is February 1st.*but you can keep sending you input. *I would just like having something by our February Trustee's meeting.* Cut off to drop the date is March 1st.* Please reply as soon as you can.* No response from you is a NO for this years Enduro.* Remember, at this time we are just looking for your input and not your commitment.* We know many of you are supported by your drivers, please pass this on and get their feelings..* After all these years trying to make a come back, I would hate to stop now.
>
>*
>Nelson Ledges is where it all started.
>*
>*
>Duane Harrington, RE
>Neohio Region, SCCA