Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: One...more....time...

Quote Originally Posted by Matt93SE View Post
    You could always learn to drive a little better.
    Hey now, play nice. No need to confuse a good argument with facts.
    Marty Doane
    ITS RX-7 #13 (sold)
    2016 Winnebago Journey (home)

Simon - saying you only have to follow the rules if you're to place well is not only a shity attitude, that statement is not as true as you think... I speak from experience lol I came up nine pounds light once at impound after "winning" STU. I was about 40 lbs lighter than the car owner who ran ITA with the car the same weekend... But I still got DQ'd and we had to scramble to add ballast and get the car reweighed while running the car "triple duty"!

Jake - you have such a way with words!
    Last edited by CRallo; 01-13-2011 at 11:27 PM.
    Chris Rallo "the kid"
    -- "wrenching and racing" -- "will race for food!" -- "Onward and Upward"

Quote Originally Posted by CRallo View Post
    Simon - saying you only have to follow the rules if you're to place well is not only a shity attitude, that statement is not as true as you think... I speak from experience lol I came up nine pounds light once at impound after "winning" STU. I was about 40 lbs lighter than the car owner who ran ITA with the car the same weekend... But I still got DQ'd and we had to scramble to add ballast and get the car reweighed while running the car "triple duty"!

Jake - you have such a way with words!
    I didn't mean it as "I'll do whatever I want" I was just saying, I won't accidentally be winning ITA or anything. For the time being, especially my first season, I'm not too worried about a small infraction that nobody will notice. If I start being competitive then I'll fix it.

Quote Originally Posted by lateapex911 View Post
    Soup and crackers, but served by a hot waitress.
    I assume this is your idea of good time? wow... Jake, you need to get out more.
    Demetrius Mossaidis aka 'Mickey' #12 ITA NESCCA
    '92 Honda Civic Si
    STFU and "Then write a letter. www.crbscca.com"
    2013 ITA NARRC Champion and I have not raced since.

Better than grits served by a big fatty chewing gum!
    Jake Gulick

CarriageHouse Motorsports
    for sale: 2003 Audi A4 Quattro, clean, serviced, dark green, auto, sunroof, tan leather with 75K miles.
    IT-7 #57 RX-7 race car
    Porsche 1973 911E street/fun car
    BMW 2003 M3 cab, sun car.
    GMC Sierra Tow Vehicle
    New England Region
    lateapex911(at)gmail(dot)com

Nothing is going to be said different this time around than last time.
    ITA 240SX #17
    Atlanta Region

Quote Originally Posted by DavidM View Post

Nothing is going to be said different this time around than last time.
    Non suscipit cursus...

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Sed semper lacinia turpis, sed pharetra risus molestie sit amet. Nam id facilisis urna. Pellentesque est ligula, rutrum non ornare at, hendrerit nec velit. Maecenas lorem orci, molestie convallis aliquam ac, imperdiet sit amet arcu. Sed tincidunt mi tincidunt sem pretium non sollicitudin dolor lobortis. Donec cursus, risus rutrum dignissim faucibus, enim lectus mollis arcu, sed dictum nibh neque id odio...? Donec at eros sem.

Suspendisse quis arcu ut dolor tempor sodales a et nisl. Curabitur condimentum aliquam egestas. Quisque fringilla sagittis metus, feugiat hendrerit augue semper vitae. Maecenas consectetur leo ornare lectus lobortis a adipiscing odio egestas. Sed eu risus nec nunc auctor tempor. Vestibulum viverra tempor tempor.

Etiam porta rhoncus lorem, at semper erat pellentesque vel. Curabitur in tellus eu diam tristique fermentum. Suspendisse consequat laoreet lacus porttitor convallis. Duis metus velit, rhoncus eu tempus in, rutrum nec nibh. Morbi suscipit nibh in tellus feugiat sed porta velit facilisis.

Sed luctus eleifend erat...!

K

EDITRI - Phasellus pellentesque sapien vel ipsum hendrerit imperdiet...
    Last edited by Knestis; 01-17-2011 at 07:05 PM.

Fo shizzle.
    Quote Originally Posted by Knestis View Post
    Non suscipit cursus...

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Sed semper lacinia turpis, sed pharetra risus molestie sit amet. Nam id facilisis urna. Pellentesque est ligula, rutrum non ornare at, hendrerit nec velit. Maecenas lorem orci, molestie convallis aliquam ac, imperdiet sit amet arcu. Sed tincidunt mi tincidunt sem pretium non sollicitudin dolor lobortis. Donec cursus, risus rutrum dignissim faucibus, enim lectus mollis arcu, sed dictum nibh neque id odio...? Donec at eros sem.

Suspendisse quis arcu ut dolor tempor sodales a et nisl. Curabitur condimentum aliquam egestas. Quisque fringilla sagittis metus, feugiat hendrerit augue semper vitae. Maecenas consectetur leo ornare lectus lobortis a adipiscing odio egestas. Sed eu risus nec nunc auctor tempor. Vestibulum viverra tempor tempor.

Etiam porta rhoncus lorem, at semper erat pellentesque vel. Curabitur in tellus eu diam tristique fermentum. Suspendisse consequat laoreet lacus porttitor convallis. Duis metus velit, rhoncus eu tempus in, rutrum nec nibh. Morbi suscipit nibh in tellus feugiat sed porta velit facilisis.

K

NC Region
    1980 ITS Triumph TR8

Quote Originally Posted by Knestis View Post
    Non suscipit cursus...

K

Vos can narro ut iterum; vero, intereo est iacio.
    STU BMW Z3 2.5liter

I stand corrected.
    ITA 240SX #17
    Atlanta Region

Now, the ITAC and CRB have MASSIVE support for this on file AND they have the rule already written, so, Jeff, Travis, should people write in AGAIN to support it??
    So is the consensus we need to write in again? (Just did a pre-season look and I might need to replace a mount.)

D
    Derek
    #76 ITR Toyota Celica GTS

We didn't get to Jake's letter on Monday. Issue is still open.

Any and all input will be considered, and appreciated.

Thanks guys.
    NC Region
    1980 ITS Triumph TR8

Thanks for the update Jeff. I really appreciate the open line of communication.
    Jake Gulick

for sale: 2003 Audi A4 Quattro, clean, serviced, dark green, auto, sunroof, tan leather with 75K miles.
    IT-7 #57 RX-7 race car
    GMC Sierra Tow Vehicle
    New England Region

We tried to focus on car classification and "non-controversial" rule issues on Monday since Josh was out -- first time in 4 years! He had a lot going on, new house, etc.

Plus, we just didn't make as much progress as we had the last few weeks, primarily because Josh does a very good job of leading and getting us focused on progress instead of (sometimes) endless debate and we meandered a bit in his absence.
    NC Region
    1980 ITS Triumph TR8

WOW, he's been on for 4 years? Time flies!
    Jake Gulick

IT-7 #57 RX-7 race car
    GMC Sierra Tow Vehicle
    New England Region

Sorry guys, this all sounds too familiar, like how about wheel sizes; you know, diameter and width changes. I think I have learned to just go with the flow, 'cause the majority on this forum does not want to change anthing that may: 1. cost them money, 2. be an advantage to anyone else, 3. update to current practices of the rest of the racing world. We are, after all, Improved Touring, what other racing is out there that would be worth even looking at their rules? Nah!

However, there will be a rule change if you can't stop the cheating. (ECU) SO my suggestion is for all of you that want changes to cheat by making your change in the mounts or batteries or wheels or what ever. Then when enough racers are cheating, the non-cheating group will want to change the rules 'cause they can't enforce the old rules. simple.
    Rodger Ward
    #18.....till i die
    84 Dodge Shelby ITB
    cut the crap!

Roger, the ECU is a terrible example. I was very involved in the current rule, and it's genesis has nothing to do with cheating.
    The first rule that allowed chips in boxes might have had some people claiming that it was due to the difficulty in policing, but really, that's not logical either. If carbed cars had the ability to change mixture and timing, why shouldn't ECU cars have the same rule allowances?

I'll make it simple for you: The existing rule is in place mostly because modern day ECUS are, or will be, overly cumbersome and limiting when it comes to building a race car.
    I bet you point to the spherical bearing rule next....
    Jake Gulick

IT-7 #57 RX-7 race car
    GMC Sierra Tow Vehicle
    New England Region

Carb cars can't change mixture or timing on the fly. That's a no brainer.
    Rodger Ward
    #18.....till i die
    84 Dodge Shelby ITB
    cut the crap!

You do realize that Jake's car is carbed, right?

The ECU rule is a fantastic example of why the three items you wrote are wrong. LOL
    Dave Gran
    Real Roads, Real Car Guys – Real World Road Tests
    Go Ahead - Take the Wheel's Free Guide to Racing

Roger, the ECU is a terrible example. I was very involved in the current rule, and it's genesis has nothing to do with cheating.
    The first rule that allowed chips in boxes might have had some people claiming that it was due to the difficulty in policing, but really, that's not logical either. If carbed cars had the ability to change mixture and timing, why shouldn't ECU cars have the same rule allowances?

I'll make it simple for you: The existing rule is in place mostly because modern day ECUS are, or will be, overly cumbersome and limiting when it comes to building a race car.
    I bet you point to the spherical bearing rule next....
    Jake,

I was around through most of the ECU issue. EFI cars already had the ability to change the resistance values. The way I remember it, the original iteration of the ECU rule was 'stuff whatever you can in the original box w/ the original connections'. That was in response to not being able to police re-flashed chips. The 'stuff it in the original box' thing was a great example of trying to 'legalize' the cheating w/o giving away the farm. The problem was, not all cars had the same size boxes, and you had guys adding vacuum circuits where none existed initially. The current 'use whatever you want' model was a reaction to the fact that the 'stuff it in the original box' version didn't work.

To claim that the open ECU rule was the result of wanting to give EFI folks the same flexibility as the carb'd folks is disingenuous and revisionist history. As far as looking to the future, what ever happened to 'warts and all'? And IT rules written for what may come down the road in the future? That's a new one.