Thread: One...more....time...

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by JoshS View Post
    Mine is. It's exactly the same size and 1 lb *heavier* than the original equipment battery that came out. You must all be thinking of those micro-batteries that are certainly not anywhere close to the same size. I replaced a Group 48 lead-acid wet-cell with a Group 48 AGM, and reused the stock mounting. Why would that be illegal?
    Does not sound illegal to me (nor was I suggesting it was.) Read through the battery thread we have posted somewhere on it.com, perhaps i can find it myself and forward it to you. There was much speculation about what are the weights of original batteries. it's usually not listed in their handbooks and by the time we get our IT cars prepped, the original was been replaced 3 times over - so how can I prove that the current battery is same weight as the original? It's very hard to protest and/or defend against.
    Demetrius Mossaidis aka 'Mickey' #12 ITA NESCCA
    '92 Honda Civic Si
    STFU and "Then write a letter. www.crbscca.com"
    2013 ITA NARRC Champion and I have not raced since.

Quote Originally Posted by mossaidis View Post
    Does not sound illegal to me (nor was I suggesting it was.) Read through the battery thread we have posted somewhere on it.com, perhaps i can find it myself and forward it to you. There was much speculation about what are the weights of original batteries. it's usually not listed in their handbooks and by the time we get our IT cars prepped, the original was been replaced 3 times over - so how can I prove that the current battery is same weight as the original? It's very hard to protest and/or defend against.
    Go to NAPA etc. Take bathroom scale. Get battery book, look up car. Read listing showing stock group. Get the guy to bring stock group to the counter and weigh it. Soup.
    if the car came with options (different groups) weight those. Choose lightest. Soup...and crackers.

Now find a AGM version (plenty to choose from) that is the same weight and get that. Soup and crackers, but served by a hot waitress.
    Jake Gulick

CarriageHouse Motorsports
    for sale: 2003 Audi A4 Quattro, clean, serviced, dark green, auto, sunroof, tan leather with 75K miles.
    IT-7 #57 RX-7 race car
    Porsche 1973 911E street/fun car
    BMW 2003 M3 cab, sun car.
    GMC Sierra Tow Vehicle
    New England Region
    lateapex911(at)gmail(dot)com

Simon - saying you only have to follow the rules if you're to place well is not only a shity attitude, that statement is not as true as you think... I speak from experience lol I came up nine pounds light once at impound after "winning" STU. I was about 40 lbs lighter than the car owner who ran ITA with the car the same weekend... But I still got DQ'd and we had to scramble to add ballast and get the car reweighed while running the car "triple duty"!

Jake - you have such a way with words!
    Last edited by CRallo; 01-13-2011 at 11:27 PM.
    Chris Rallo "the kid"
    -- "wrenching and racing" -- "will race for food!" -- "Onward and Upward"

Quote Originally Posted by CRallo View Post
    Simon - saying you only have to follow the rules if you're to place well is not only a shity attitude, that statement is not as true as you think... I speak from experience lol I came up nine pounds light once at impound after "winning" STU. I was about 40 lbs lighter than the car owner who ran ITA with the car the same weekend... But I still got DQ'd and we had to scramble to add ballast and get the car reweighed while running the car "triple duty"!

Jake - you have such a way with words!
    I didn't mean it as "I'll do whatever I want" I was just saying, I won't accidentally be winning ITA or anything. For the time being, especially my first season, I'm not too worried about a small infraction that nobody will notice. If I start being competitive then I'll fix it.

Quote Originally Posted by lateapex911 View Post
    Soup and crackers, but served by a hot waitress.
    I assume this is your idea of good time? wow... Jake, you need to get out more.
    Demetrius Mossaidis aka 'Mickey' #12 ITA NESCCA
    '92 Honda Civic Si
    STFU and "Then write a letter. www.crbscca.com"
    2013 ITA NARRC Champion and I have not raced since.

Better than grits served by a big fatty chewing gum!
    Jake Gulick

CarriageHouse Motorsports
    for sale: 2003 Audi A4 Quattro, clean, serviced, dark green, auto, sunroof, tan leather with 75K miles.
    IT-7 #57 RX-7 race car
    Porsche 1973 911E street/fun car
    BMW 2003 M3 cab, sun car.
    GMC Sierra Tow Vehicle
    New England Region
    lateapex911(at)gmail(dot)com

Nothing is going to be said different this time around than last time.
    ITA 240SX #17
    Atlanta Region

Quote Originally Posted by DavidM View Post

Nothing is going to be said different this time around than last time.
    Non suscipit cursus...

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Sed semper lacinia turpis, sed pharetra risus molestie sit amet. Nam id facilisis urna. Pellentesque est ligula, rutrum non ornare at, hendrerit nec velit. Maecenas lorem orci, molestie convallis aliquam ac, imperdiet sit amet arcu. Sed tincidunt mi tincidunt sem pretium non sollicitudin dolor lobortis. Donec cursus, risus rutrum dignissim faucibus, enim lectus mollis arcu, sed dictum nibh neque id odio...? Donec at eros sem.

Suspendisse quis arcu ut dolor tempor sodales a et nisl. Curabitur condimentum aliquam egestas. Quisque fringilla sagittis metus, feugiat hendrerit augue semper vitae. Maecenas consectetur leo ornare lectus lobortis a adipiscing odio egestas. Sed eu risus nec nunc auctor tempor. Vestibulum viverra tempor tempor.

Etiam porta rhoncus lorem, at semper erat pellentesque vel. Curabitur in tellus eu diam tristique fermentum. Suspendisse consequat laoreet lacus porttitor convallis. Duis metus velit, rhoncus eu tempus in, rutrum nec nibh. Morbi suscipit nibh in tellus feugiat sed porta velit facilisis.

Sed luctus eleifend erat...!

K

EDITRI - Phasellus pellentesque sapien vel ipsum hendrerit imperdiet...
    Last edited by Knestis; 01-17-2011 at 07:05 PM.

Fo shizzle.
    Quote Originally Posted by Knestis View Post
    Non suscipit cursus...

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Sed semper lacinia turpis, sed pharetra risus molestie sit amet. Nam id facilisis urna. Pellentesque est ligula, rutrum non ornare at, hendrerit nec velit. Maecenas lorem orci, molestie convallis aliquam ac, imperdiet sit amet arcu. Sed tincidunt mi tincidunt sem pretium non sollicitudin dolor lobortis. Donec cursus, risus rutrum dignissim faucibus, enim lectus mollis arcu, sed dictum nibh neque id odio...? Donec at eros sem.

Suspendisse quis arcu ut dolor tempor sodales a et nisl. Curabitur condimentum aliquam egestas. Quisque fringilla sagittis metus, feugiat hendrerit augue semper vitae. Maecenas consectetur leo ornare lectus lobortis a adipiscing odio egestas. Sed eu risus nec nunc auctor tempor. Vestibulum viverra tempor tempor.

Etiam porta rhoncus lorem, at semper erat pellentesque vel. Curabitur in tellus eu diam tristique fermentum. Suspendisse consequat laoreet lacus porttitor convallis. Duis metus velit, rhoncus eu tempus in, rutrum nec nibh. Morbi suscipit nibh in tellus feugiat sed porta velit facilisis.

K

NC Region
    1980 ITS Triumph TR8

Quote Originally Posted by Knestis View Post
    Non suscipit cursus...

K

Vos can narro ut iterum; vero, intereo est iacio.
    STU BMW Z3 2.5liter