Thread: One...more....time...

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by rlward View Post
    Jake,
    A carbed car does not have the computer, O2 sensor, MAF, or MAP (or any of the other acronyms) hence does not have the capability to calculate/change/adjust the A/F ratio during the race as conditions dictate as the FI cars do. We change jets and other hardware within the carb to get the best overal based on expected weather, current fuel. This is now pretty much a dead horse.
    Roger, keep in mind that both cars are classed based on stock HP. So a 2L carbed car likely starts out at a different hp (and weight) than a 2L injected car. Further, it could be argued that the injected car will have a more difficult time achieving the expected gains, but that's very dependent car to car, and I think it falls into the 'warts and all" and 'noise' aspects in most cases. So each car is allowed to make equivalent changes to it's fuel systems.

Chapter 2
    Chapter 3:
    Consider when changes are made to rules that affect newer cars only, the older cars are automatically delt a competitive blow. ..... No I don't want to go to prod, but could and would if ITB numbers keep falling off.

Thanks for letting me sound off. Hope things change for the better, cause right now it kinda sucks.
    I disagree that old cars are automatically dealt a competitive blow...yes, that HAS happened in the past, (a decade or more ago) but it was due to the total lack of a systemic process. I see old cars running in lockstep with new ones quite often. Also, old cars DO disappear..naturally. I know certain old cars have 'issues' currently (like the Volvo, which has it's own special case in IT but I don't buy the 'new cars are screwing old cars' broad statements.

Also, in certain regions, ITB is THE most healthy class going. The NE sees big ITB fields and MARRS races are huge throwdowns in ITB. I bet the ARRC race saw the same ITB turnout as the ITS guys, or very close.

And by "right now it kinda sucks"....what do you mean?
    Last edited by lateapex911; 02-05-2011 at 03:41 PM.
    Jake Gulick

CarriageHouse Motorsports
    for sale: 2003 Audi A4 Quattro, clean, serviced, dark green, auto, sunroof, tan leather with 75K miles.
    IT-7 #57 RX-7 race car
    Porsche 1973 911E street/fun car
    BMW 2003 M3 cab, sun car.
    GMC Sierra Tow Vehicle
    New England Region
    lateapex911(at)gmail(dot)com