Thread: Mustang in STU

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by 23racer View Post
    I hear what you are saying, but the 2011 STU rules don't allow WC Touring cars to enter the class. ...
    Stay tuned for the February Fastrack.

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Gomberg View Post
    Stay tuned for the February Fastrack.

Dave
    Is it Feb yet? My car and wallet are waiting on rules....
    Houston Region
    STU Nissan 240SX
    EProd RX7

So why then in this throw everything in class, did they stop at 1985 and newer IT cars. I have a 1980 3.5 ltr car and I would love to go double dip at Nationals.

Quote Originally Posted by adoyle View Post
    So why then in this throw everything in class, did they stop at 1985 and newer IT cars. I have a 1980 3.5 ltr car and I would love to go double dip at Nationals.
    Spoil the look of the class man, spoil the look of the class....

Jeff, What do you mean by force IT guys to go national. You could make IT a national class, and if member want to run national then do it, or you could run just regionals.

Quote Originally Posted by adoyle View Post
    What do you mean by force IT guys to go national. You could make IT a national class, and if member want to run national then do it, or you could run just regionals.

Force the class to be a national class, not force the racers to actually race it. When polls were done quite some time ago the majority of IT racers did not wish the class to be national eligible.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Earp View Post
    Force the class to be a national class, not force the racers to actually race it. When polls were done quite some time ago the majority of IT racers did not wish the class to be national eligible.
    ...and it's been a while so I may be wrong but I don't think any distinction was made between "IT racers" and others who voiced opinions.

How about these for questions:

Which do you think is more likely to be beneficial to the Club Racing program as a whole: IT gaining National status or the addition of the ST classes?

Which do you think will be more detrimental to the health of the IT category?

K

Quote Originally Posted by Knestis View Post
    ...and it's been a while so I may be wrong but I don't think any distinction was made between "IT racers" and others who voiced opinions.
    Sorry, I don't mean to mislead. For sake of clarity - "the majority of people on this board who bothered to offer an opinion, most of whom are IT racers, seemed to prefer IT not being national".

Which do you think is more likely to be beneficial to the Club Racing program as a whole: IT gaining National status or the addition of the ST classes?
    My personal $0.02 is that I joined Club racing BECAUSE of the ST class. I specifically did not want to run IT due to the rules being too restrictive to us "tuners". I didn't want to run Prod either because I'd be stuck with a $$$$ NA engine build that doesn't make crapola for power. I can go faster for cheaper in STU, whether I'm nationally competitive or not.

As with many IT racers, my goal isn't to go to and win Ruboffs-- at least that's not on my 5 year plan. I don't think I'll ever win ruboffs (I ain't rich and I'm in a rich boy class), but I would definitely like to go and see what it's about.
    Houston Region
    STU Nissan 240SX
    EProd RX7

How about these for questions:

Which do you think will be more detrimental to the health of the IT category?

K
    For the Club Racing program as a whole, I think the addition of the ST classes will untimately be more beneficial - assuming they can get a stable ruleset in place. I think IT going National would benefit National Club Racing, but that would be offset by the loss to the Regional programs. The addition of ST does add the potential for new cars to come into Club Racing; making IT a National class will likely only cause a shift to IT from other classes.

I also think IT gaining National status - absent a ST class - would be less detrimental to the class; however I feel less certain about that answer. The potential for IT to become what SM has become would be very real IMO, and that could be a very bad thing for the class.
    Earl R.
    240SX
    ITA/ST5