Thread: Front rotors for zx

Default Front rotors for zx

Anyone have better luck with any particular brand of front rotors?? Plane old Auto Zone type or spend the bucks on Brembos?
    The zx has vented rotors not solid like the 240-280's.
    Charles Perry
    ITS #21 280zx

Have you asked Riley at Lynchburg Nissan what he's heard re: the zx rotors? I know he had recommendations for the 240z (he said avoid the Brembo), and I would think he's gotten alot of feedback on the ZX parts as well. He's normally pretty good at recommending what he thinks is best vs. what's on his shelf.
    Chris Carey

Central Florida Region
    ITS/Vintage Datsun 240Z

Favorite tool to remove undercoating---- A curb!

"Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car and oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car.
    Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall, torque is how far you take the wall with you."

Hey Guys,

I think Chris mighta mistunderstooded me a little on the Brembo subject. Sorry if I wasnt as clear as I should have been...

Brembo's are always good, however...

The fronts are not available for the 240Z in Brembo.(I dont think they ever were) I stock them in Mountain- a great Japanese brand.
    I do have Brembo fronts for the 260Z & 280Z, and they can be used on a 240Z if you also use the hubs from a 260Z or 280Z.

I spoke to Charles about the 280ZX fronts and found that I cannot get Brembo's, but I can get Bradi- another high quality Italian brand, equivalent to Brembo which is also Italian.

Regards,

Riley

so Riley,

what would you suggest for my ZX?
    Tristan Smith
    1991 Nissan ITR 300zx #56

T,

Will find out tomorrow & let you know- supplier is closed 4 the day.

Riley

Default ZX rotors

We run them on our EP Z and they dont last long (4-6 races dedending on track).
    We would also be intrested in a higher quality stock config rotor for the ZX if not to expensive.
    For my 2 cents worth for racing the autozone ones are dirt cheap and and easy to get so when they warp its no big deal to keep spares handy.

Quote Originally Posted by Zriley510 View Post
    Hey Guys,

I think Chris mighta mistunderstooded me a little on the Brembo subject. Sorry if I wasnt as clear as I should have been...

Brembo's are always good, however...

The fronts are not available for the 240Z in Brembo.(I dont think they ever were) I stock them in Mountain- a great Japanese brand.
    I do have Brembo fronts for the 260Z & 280Z, and they can be used on a 240Z if you also use the hubs from a 260Z or 280Z.

I spoke to Charles about the 280ZX fronts and found that I cannot get Brembo's, but I can get Bradi- another high quality Italian brand, equivalent to Brembo which is also Italian.

Regards,

Riley
    Oops! My bad Riley. I'm glad you were able to find something for Charles though.
    Chris Carey

Central Florida Region
    ITS/Vintage Datsun 240Z

Favorite tool to remove undercoating---- A curb!

"Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car and oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car.
    Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall, torque is how far you take the wall with you."

Charles, I can get you the Brembos for the 80Zx for 55 for the fronts, and 39 for the rears, plus shipping!!
    Chris Leone
    318i going STL!!!
    E36 ITS underconstruction(sold)
    84 944 ITS (sold)
    71 240z more than half way there/now GT2 bound!!
    ChrisLeonemotorsports.com
    Roll cages and fabrication

Think I have some on the way. If it does not happen I will get in touch. Thanks.
    Charles Perry
    ITS #21 280zx