Thread: Bumpers

Default Bumpers

Am I required to have bumpers on my ITS car?

Factory bumpers are required.

Further, all body parts are required to be in place and stock, unless specifically called out in the rules as allowed changes. If it doesn't say you can, you can't.
    Jake Gulick

CarriageHouse Motorsports
    for sale: 2003 Audi A4 Quattro, clean, serviced, dark green, auto, sunroof, tan leather with 75K miles.
    IT-7 #57 RX-7 race car
    Porsche 1973 911E street/fun car
    BMW 2003 M3 cab, sun car.
    GMC Sierra Tow Vehicle
    New England Region
    lateapex911(at)gmail(dot)com

Many years ago a number of IT drivers were sitting around refreshing our thirst after a race. It was a wild race as I recall. The proposal was made that the Improved Touring rules provide for "Axillary Bumpers". These Auxiliary bumpers would be of original factory specifications and would be mounted above or below the existing bumpers. In addition, bumpers could be added to the sides of the car. This all seemed to make perfect sense to us at the time.

As far as I know this proposed rule was never submitted to the SCCA for consideration.

Sorry for the off topic comment. Your question just brought back an old memory of a pleasant evening at the track.
    Last edited by Charlie Broring; 01-02-2011 at 11:16 AM.

The old SCCA Sport Trucks of the '80s were notorious for their "auxiliary bumpers." They'd reinforce the crap out of the stock ones so they could "crash draft" effectively.

K