Quote Originally Posted by jumbojimbo View Post
ITC biased: I'd love to have ITC be a seperate group, but not if it means 8 groups.

I would not mind 7 groups, I know some people like the longer races but personally I can live without the last 3 laps, we're just using tires and gas at that point. I'm fine with 6 groups, ITC runs ok with ITA/7, it's ITB that causes us problems. (yes, I know I hit an ITA car in Oct).

I'd like to go with Sat Qual, Sat Race, Sun long race and Sun short race. With the Sun race grids based on the fastest lap time from the previous session. grids based on finishing positions are 'exciting' but needlessly hectic, the illusion of fun is not worth the risk.

And I'd like all three races to be sanction number races, no qualifying race on sunday. Make it a triple weekend.
7 groups leads to 15 minute qualifying and 30 minute approx. 18 lap race on Saturday. 15 minute 7 lap race Sunday morning and 30 minute 18 lap race sunday afternoon.

We could go with the standard 6 groups split the time between the two races on Sunday thus balancing them out and making the third sanction more "worthwhile". Say Two 16 lap races on Sunday?

Just a thought.