Thread: The Devil in the Dark - Round 2

Default The Devil in the Dark - Round 2

The Jersey Racing Board (Northern New Jersey and South Jersey Regions) and New Jersey Motorsports Park announce the second running of The Devil in the Dark 12 Hour endurance race on NJMP's Thunderbolt Circuit. The 2011 edition will be held on Saturday, 30 April 2011 and will again run from noon to midnight. Plans are underway to hold a family friendly spectator event at the track during the race with live entertainment, food and beverages.

This race is a follow-up to the successful inaugural event run last June. The format and rules will be very similar to the first running with a few minor changes based on last year's experience. If you missed The Devil this year, be sure to put it on your calendar for next year.

The entry package will be posted on the DLB online registration system after the first of the year. Registration will open on 1 February 2011.

Terry
    Last edited by Terry Hanushek; 12-28-2010 at 04:15 PM.

I know it's probably too late for this year, But it would be really cool if this was part of the PROIT series. Modeling the Rolex and ALMS Series. Co drivers to share the points for this event and then go on for the rest of the season and collect their own points. Just an idea to give the event a little more excitement and kick off the TEAMDI PROIT series In a big way that the new jersey region works so hard on!

I really want to go and its on my calendar, just not sure if I will have a car ready by then.

Stephen

If anyone is looking for a seat in our enduro-spec Golf (3-hour tankage, anyone?) drop me a note. We'd love to get up there with Pablo.

K
    Last edited by lateapex911; 12-29-2010 at 07:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Knestis View Post
    (3-hour tankage, anyone?)
    K
    Havn't been able to do three hour tankage in 10 years....rotator cuff runs out of ibuprofin
    Chuck

TreadZone will be there for tire support.
    Joe

Quote Originally Posted by callard View Post
    Havn't been able to do three hour tankage in 10 years....rotator cuff runs out of ibuprofin
    Chuck
    Power steering, anyone?

K

The entry information (supps, schedule, etc.) for the 2011 edition of The Devil in the Dark is posted on DLB - (set filter for South Jersey Region | Club Race All) - and the event web site .

The rules are essentially the same as last year with a few refinements based on our experience and competitor feedback.
    - There is an 'earlybird' entry fee of $750 until 2/21 and a regular entry fee of $850 thereafter
    - The minimum one minute window for refueling has been removed and will be replaced by a stronger penalty structure for fuel spills
    - An ITX class has been added to include cars which don't quite meet the qualifications for an existing class
    - Cars will be weighed without the driver with their minimum weight reduced by 180 pounds
    - Several minor clean up changes
    The entry for this year's race will open on 1 February 2011

Hope to see ya at The Devil

Terry

Online registration for The Devil in the Dark is open on DLB - set your filter for South Jersey Region to see the event calendar.

Supps and Schedule ... Entry

Earlybird registration with a $100 price reduction is available until 21 February. Submitting an Intent to Enter will hold the Earlybird price and your spot in this year's race.

See ya at The Devil

Terry

Exclamation Devil in the Dark, Round 2

Crucial Motorsports Group is planning to return to defend our Spec Miata 1st Place of last year. We also will bring our Spec E-36 ITR BMW. This is a great race at a great venue. Along with our cars, we will have available our famous "Glow Boards" and on-site tech support for your numbers to be seen in the dark.Check us out on-line at www.crucialmotorsportsgroup.com for contact information to order your boards or rent some quality seat time. Or call Aaron Nash at 904-652-9732.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Wrenchmaster; 02-14-2011 at 05:32 PM.

Aaron

Crucial Motorsports Group is planning to return to defend our Spec Miata 1st Place of last year. We also will bring our Spec E-36 ITR BMW. This is a great race at a great venue. Along with our cars, we will have available our famous "Glow Boards" and on-site tech support for your numbers to be seen in the dark.Check us out on-line at www.crucialmotorsportsgroup.com for contact information to order your boards or rent some quality seat time. Or call Aaron Nash at 904-652-9732.
    Great ... we're looking forward to having you back at The Devil

It would be good if you could post the information about your Glow Boards on the event web site ( www.TheDevilintheDark.com ) to that all of our competitors can be aware of your product.

See ya at the races

Terry

Let me know what tire sizes your using to give me a better idea of what to bring. Of course I'll have Miata tires with me but what other sizes are you running? I have Toyo, Hankook, and BFG and other brands available if I have advanced notice.
    Joe
    TreadZone

We just entered an ITA miata for the race. So far it looks like we're battling the same integra we battled last year...

Default Test Day for The Devil in the Dark

NJMP has announced that they will have a Test Day in conjunction with The Devil in the Dark. The test session will run from Noon to 4:00 PM on Friday, 29 April, The testing is intended for competitors in The Devil but is open to all SCCA closed wheel cars.

Fee: $200
    Contact: Joe Volpe - [email protected] (information will be available soon on the track website - www.njmp.com )

See ya at the 12 Hour

Terry
    Last edited by Terry Hanushek; 04-08-2011 at 02:19 PM.

Any chance anyone is coming to NJMP from the Boston area? I need to transport some rally lights to a buyer there.

Kirk

Good Luck to all those that are attending! A few questions for ya all...

Any live feeds on the internet this year?
    Anyone know where to get te glow in the dark vinyl that you see at this event?

Thanks,
    Stephen

I'm glad everyone had a safe race this weekend.

One of the teams had 8 shaved tires mounted on Friday and were coming back for 4 rain tires. They didn't come back and settle their invoice. If you know who you are please call me as soon as possible with payment.
    Joe
    TreadZone