Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Thread: 2011 Race At Charlotte Motor Speedway - Format?

Still have some garages available.
    Steve Eckerich
    ITS 18 Speedsource RX7
    ITR RX8 (under construction)

136 cars signed up as of today. Good turnout, could get even better. Nice job by CCR and NCR to put this one on. Many thanks.
    NC Region
    1980 ITS Triumph TR8

When is the last day to register?

THE MORNING OF.

Zsolt, get your butt down here. Your car will love this track. 12 ITS cars right now, and I know of 3-4 that might come out. IT group is the biggest of the SARRC races.
    NC Region
    1980 ITS Triumph TR8

If you have ever been to a CCR race you will see we put customer service first and do not give you any grief about late entry. If you think you might come go ahead and enter as you just bring a check to registration anyway.
    Steve Eckerich
    ITS 18 Speedsource RX7

Just dreaming at this point. Less then 1 in 10 chance of being able to go.

I'm getting a lot of questions from people who want to watch the Saturday Night Carolina Cup from the stands......What time will it start.???......Will the front gates be open for spectators ????....The reason for this question is because the front gates are usually closed about 5:00 to 6:00 PM every night......Is there any cost to go into the stands to watch ?????

Good question Bryan, we had not made any plans to have this as a spectator race so no arrangements have been made for use of the stands. I will ask management what the rules are, but there are bleachers around some portions of the infield, and the front straight. I would not plan on entry to grandstand.
    Steve Eckerich
    ITS 18 Speedsource RX7

Default Track entry

Steve- can we get entry to the track before registration opens? I was thinking of leaving early enough to beat some of the traffic, which would get us to the track around 3:00PM.

thks

Is there anywhere to purchase food inside the track?

Honestly don't remember......

Sandwhich places about 10 minutes up the road.
    NC Region
    1980 ITS Triumph TR8

Track is talking to a vendor to get them to open for food. All of them are just renters and make their own decision to open on a given weekend. We will try to get the gates open before 5:00, but it turns into a zoo and we have to control parking for garages, and the open areas so everyone will have room. There will be paddock people directing you to the proper area, so please work with them. If you have an open trailer you do not work off of we will have an area to drop them inside Nascar 3. Some garages are still available the day of with no change in fees, still $100 for the weekend. The BP across from the track had 1000 gallons of extra 110 race fuel delivered today so fuel should not be a problem for anyone, there is no fuel inside the track as they use some funky ethenol blend. All drivers can expect an email tonight with all details about the weekend. Anything else I need to cover let me know.
    Steve Eckerich
    ITS 18 Speedsource RX7

Steve, I'm not certain if this has been covered, so I'll ask again... CCPS Co-driver registration, do I just need to be concerned about it at registration? There wasn't a spot on DLB for him.

Otherwise, great job! I'm looking forward to blinking at the banking from 3!

hoop
    hoop
    Greensboro, NC
    STL Newbie

All the reports are printed so just let them fix you up at registration. No charge for extra driver so you are fine.
    Steve Eckerich
    ITS 18 Speedsource RX7

I'd like to express thanks to all that were involved with the Charlotte race this weekend. Registration and tech were smooth and easy. Everyone I spoke with was extremely happy to be back racing at CMS and it seemed that a good time was had by most.

There were a few scheduling snags but I'm sure they were handled as best that could be done. I think the proper way to handle those squatters would have been to send a few SPO and GT1 cars around at full throttle - things would have cleared off quick!

Turned out was pretty strong and I hope the regions are able to justify a return next year. Great job!

Ron

Yes, great job by everyone involved during a HOT weekend. 175 car turnout was great, and I hope that means we are back next year. If you have not run CMS, going balls out into turn 3 is quite the experience.

Hats off to the workers and region folks who pulled this one.

Jeff
    NC Region
    1980 ITS Triumph TR8

Great job with this event evryone! Really enjoyed Saturday even though I only did 2 laps for Sunday SARRC qualifying and took the first 10min pace lap for saturday night CCPS Car has some serious wiring issues. Hard to fix it when you dont know whats there from the PO's!

Was really happy for the car holding together almost long enough for my co-driver Greg Vandersluis to put some good laps down for the first 2 qualifying sessions. He qualified 9th for the SARRC and then the car wouldnt start, got the plugs changed and he started last and made it up to 5th overall 4th in S catching Jeff before the yellow came out. Then the wiring fuel pressure showed its ugly head.

All in all it was fun, enjoyed the experience of being at CMS even though I spent most of the time trying to make the car run.

I am done for this year. Going to save up some money and make this car reliable and fun next year.

New harness, motor refresh, 5:12 diff and rebuild the shocks should bring this car to life and hopefully out of mid-pack status when it does run.
    1987 ITS RX-7
    2014 Ford Focus ST
    Currently borrowing tow vehicles!!

Central Carolina Region

STEELERS SIX PACK!!

Quote Originally Posted by JeffYoung View Post
    Yes, great job by everyone involved during a HOT weekend. 175 car turnout was great, and I hope that means we are back next year. If you have not run CMS, going balls out into turn 3 is quite the experience.

Hats off to the workers and region folks who pulled this one.

Jeff
    ....Ditto that............ Hot ----YES....... Fun-----you bet

Racing under the lights was "The Bomb" Man what an experience. Going over the rise into turn three was almost like driving with your eyes closed.... WOW.

Had quite a battle up front with the Acura Integra Type R during the CCPS race "Under the Lights". We were nose to tail at 140+ on the oval..... Just praying nothing goes flat or breaks

Steve Eckerich.......... Class Act..... You made the difference and I Thank You. Your efforts were above and beyond

You are welcome Ricky. Longer post tonight after I get done with the race audit.

Results link.

http://www.mylaps.com/results/showevent.jsp?id=702770

And place it on your schedule for 2012, we will do it again with major improvements. Everyone entered will be getting an email soon to ask for your suggestions for next year. I used to hate CMS, but I have been converted after this weekend.
    Last edited by seckerich; 08-22-2011 at 01:31 PM.
    Steve Eckerich
    ITS 18 Speedsource RX7

It's a fun track. I was "lost" in the infield and especially the entrance to the banking but still almost got into the 26s. Definitely think all of us in ITS were capable of 25s with some seat time.

Fun track. Interesting strategies on passing.

My only suggesting is a clearer rule on how far inside the white line in 3a and 3b you are allowed to go. It certainly seemed the "more" inside I went the better my laptimes, but it felt a bit like a-cheatin'.
    NC Region
    1980 ITS Triumph TR8