Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: 2011 Race At Charlotte Motor Speedway - Format?

Those SRF cars are so much faster than my ITS car with me driving it that they sneak up on you. On any other track they would truely be things that go bump in the night. CMS has better lighting than just about any track in the country. I would not be too concerned about lighting for a night race. Turn 4-5 would be the only area that onboard lights would be really needed.

I am going to sharpen up my splitter lip incase those pesky SRFs spin in front of me!

Blair, thanks for the post -- we appreciate it.

I'll touch base with Rex. Maybe we should get together as a group to discuss this some. It's truly not a case of "I want my way" -- I'll be there and happy to race if it is a single SARRC.

But it does seem to me, both from the posts here and from discussions with other folks that a Double SARRC will attract more entries. Steve E. posted above about trying to make this a premiere event like the August Daytona Double SARRC that draws racers from all over the country. I think we have the chance to do that here.

Plus, it sure seems like a double SARRC/double CCPS would fit in the existing schedule, but I certainly understand there are limitations.

Either way, the clock is ticking and if we can nail down with NCR and CCR leadership how they want to structure this, that would be great.

Also, I think the post above was from Paul Perez -- Paul, I wasn't bashing CCPS. I would like to see it succeed. ITS drivers do run the series. I ran it for two years, Ron's run it occasionally and so has Steve Parrish and Kent Thompson.

It's just that for whatever reason, it doesn't attract the same level of competition in ITS as the SARRC series, and so the racing is better, to me, in SARRC. I don't know how to fix that, but would point out that one of the reasons why ITS guys stay away is we run essentially the same lap times as SRFs, but make our speed very differently. Those guys, for us, are dangerous to be around because we can't see them -- and I'm sure they feel the same.

I'm not saying exclude SRFs from the CCPS, but I am saying it's one of the reasons I don't run the CCPS "just for fun."

Quote Originally Posted by racerpepe View Post
    CCR lost money for years doing double SARRC's. That is why we have not raced there in quite a few years. Time constraints are always an issue at Charlotte more so than other tracks. Their quiet hours do not allow any racing before noon on sunday unless you are NASCAR. Scheduling is always an issue. Adding a SARRC race adds 7 qualifying sessions and 7 races as well as the requisite down time in between groups. Adding a ECR or CCPS obviously only adds 1 qualifying session and 1 race. Everything is give and take. I think we need to thank both CCR and NCR for there effort and joining to assume this financial risk. I for one will be there to support them regardless of the schedule and weather or not my group is first, second, last or at two am. Thank you to everyone ( Jeff, Ron, CCR, NCR, the workers, stewards etc. for the privilege of being able to race and have fun at Charlotte once again. Pepe.
    Last edited by JeffYoung; 01-19-2011 at 05:45 PM.
    NC Region
    1980 ITS Triumph TR8

Here's a refresher course on CCPS. [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Y0-zXTksNw[/ame]

A few things to note about the video:
    1. I'm the only ITS car
    2. The SRFs are about the same lap times as me but we make speed in very different ways. I lift on the backstraight to keep from catching them at the kink.
    3. The SRFs can speak for themselves as to bashing. I prefer to race without contact....
    Steve Parrish
    57 ITS Nissan 300ZX

I want to re-cast my vote for the SARRC/SARRC/CCPS/CCPS scenario.....
    Gary Gentry
    NC Region
    #4 IT7/ITA
    2008 CCPS ITA Champion
    2008 SAARC IT-7 3rd Overall
    2009 CCPS IT-7 Champion
    2010 CCPS IT-7 Champion
    #4 Car>>>Sad State of Affairs

Status update including the proposed date of the event?

It's on the SEDiv schedule at www.sedivracing.org.

I believe the actual race schedule was discussed at Jekyll Island but I will let others who were there provide the details.
    NC Region
    1980 ITS Triumph TR8

Pending approval of the track on hours of opperation we will be running a Double SARRC/Double CCPS at a minimum. Updates as they are available. Date is Aug 20/21
    Steve Eckerich
    ITS 18 Speedsource RX7
    ITR RX8 (under construction)

Woohoo! Great work guys (Steve, Rex, Blair, Heather, and everyone else who worked on this).

Many thanks.
    NC Region
    1980 ITS Triumph TR8

its the ecr idea dead? being excluded for having a v8 sucks.

Rob Bodle
    Rob Bodle Images, LLC
    RBI Competition

2007 ARRC Three hour "not a real" Enduro ITO Co-Champion.
    2009 ARRC ITO Champion.
    2009 ARRC Enduro Pole Winner
    2010 ARRC ITO Champion(car owner for Cliff Brown)
    2011 ARRC ITO Champion

Quote Originally Posted by JeffYoung View Post
    It's on the SEDiv schedule at www.sedivracing.org.

I believe the actual race schedule was discussed at Jekyll Island but I will let others who were there provide the details.
    Thanks. The SEDIV site was NFG yesterday and I needed to submit vacation requests.

Changes made at the Jekyll meeting are not reflected on the website yet. Date is set for Charlotte.
    Steve Eckerich
    ITS 18 Speedsource RX7

I guess I need to start looking for a deal on a cool suit!
    hoop
    Greensboro, NC
    STL Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Cobrar05 View Post
    its the ecr idea dead? being excluded for having a v8 sucks.
    For Charlotte it would be more because of the 1.5 hours compared to 45 minutes that would exclude the ECR. Give us time to see what can be worked out. Just remember that 1.5 hours under the lights at Charlotte will not be cheap.
    Steve Eckerich
    ITS 18 Speedsource RX7

its the exclusion from the ccps that bugs me.

Rob Bodle
    Rob Bodle Images, LLC
    RBI Competition

2007 ARRC Three hour "not a real" Enduro ITO Co-Champion.
    2009 ARRC ITO Champion.
    2009 ARRC Enduro Pole Winner
    2010 ARRC ITO Champion(car owner for Cliff Brown)
    2011 ARRC ITO Champion

Quote Originally Posted by JeffYoung View Post
    Woohoo! Great work guys (Steve, Rex, Blair, Heather, and everyone else who worked on this).

Many thanks.

Ditto...........
    I can see it now.............. The cars, the lights............ Beautiful

I have my girls that weekend! I am so psyc'd! The frame is almost straight, just haven't touched it in too long. I am in the shop tomorrow night! With the extra ponies I have since i last raced there, my now zumbaized butt being lighter and more fit, and having a racing budget for the first time in over 10 years, I am there! And it is 14 days after the divorce is final so the b$#*@& can kiss my hairy backside! I have hearing protection for the girls and they have all the ipod, ds, cell phones they can want. Hell I will bring them the xbox if they want. I am racing CMS!

Mike

I ran my first drivers school there in like '92-93 and have loved it ever since!

How is this event looking?

Registration will be open soon. Getting some things worked out in supps after not runnig CMS for a few years.
    Steve Eckerich
    ITS 18 Speedsource RX7

Great work guys. Really looking forward to it.
    NC Region
    1980 ITS Triumph TR8