Thread: 2011 Race At Charlotte Motor Speedway - Format?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I understand a waiver is needed to do a double SARRC since each sponsoring region (NCR and CCR) already have a double on the calendar. We'll talk to region leadership and see what we can do.
    NC Region
    1980 ITS Triumph TR8

Quote Originally Posted by JeffYoung View Post
    I understand a waiver is needed to do a double SARRC since each sponsoring region (NCR and CCR) already have a double on the calendar. We'll talk to region leadership and see what we can do.
    SARRC rules allow one double SARRC per facility, with a max of 4 SARRC races per region. No waiver needed. Track time with a 12:00 start on Sunday is what we have to work around. Be aware the format is on the schedule as tentative so we can have it worked out at Jeckyl meeting. Keep the feedback coming, support goes a long way to making this race happen.

CCR Regional Executive
    Steve Eckerich
    ITS 18 Speedsource RX7
    ITR RX8 (under construction)

Sat - bear in mind it is summer and a long day
    15 min Qualify for SAARC1 and CCPS, All groups
    Race SAARCs
    15 min Qualify for SAARC2, all groups
    Run CCPS

Sun
    Noon, start racing second SAARCs

Sunday you have just enough time to run the SARRC races with a 5 hour window. That is why we are planning to run with the lights and have a very long Saturday. I will run a time sheet and see what will fit this weekend. Might be able to get an ECR in. Reason we did not put that in initially is we have had many promises and then poor turnout for the ECR compared to the CCPS. Can not burn up 2.5 hours of track time under lights for 20 cars.
    Steve Eckerich
    ITS 18 Speedsource RX7
    ITR RX8 (under construction)

I know I'm a very special case (fly-in) but I really like the sounds of what I think Steve is describing. I can skip just one SARRC and not have to travel home in the middle of the night Sunday.

Rock on.

K