Quote Originally Posted by Hotshoe View Post
Ron,

..... How about this.

.... A Double SARRC with a Double Carolina Cup.

.... Here is the kicker....... The CCP races will both be run on Saturday after the SARRC races Maybe even under the lights.... There would only be one qualifying session and that would be for the first race. Qualifying order for race two would be the finishing order of race one. With a 30 minute break between races
.... This way we can have our cake and eat it to.

This is definitely a possibility. We actually considered an idea very similar to this 2 years ago. Each CCPS would be an individual points race completely separate from each other with an intermission between the races. Starting positions for the second race would be finishing positions from the first.
We would need to find a fair starting position procedure for the participants that only wanted to run the second race. My thinking (and I'm only throwing out ideas and thoughts) is that we don't want to discourage anyone from participating in the second race because they did not/could not run the first. Somehow it would need to favor the first race participants with out discouraging the second race only participants. Anyway that's just details that could be worked out if this CCPS proposed double format materializes.

On another note that has been mentioned in these postings, scheduling does make a huge difference in the number of participants entered regardless of the series. The dead last event of the week end always suffers, but somebody has to be last. I have sat in on scheduling meetings, and it is not as easy as it sounds. It is not exactly fair to compare participation numbers from one series to another on a given weekend regardless of which series had the good scheduling and which one was scheduled last. There are pros and cons to ECR and CCPS, but the bottom line is that they are both GREAT series and I have participated heavily in both.

Both CCPS and ECR benefits from the main draw SARRC. To me a Double SARRC would be a very good idea regardless of which complimentary series the powers to be choose to go with.

Estus White